10/22 Target Tactical

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
Haven't seen or held one. But, I've had lots of thoughts about it. And with the price of it , it's going to stay a thought for a while. LOL

Jasperharley

Bearcat
I have one, only been able to put about 50 rounds through. The Hogue stock is nice but fairly standard. The trigger is pretty crisp and set around 2.5lb, but could still be improved. The hammer forged barrel is nice, so far groups are pretty tight at 50yds. The bipod is also pretty good.

On the whole I think this a decent setup if you are like me: I wanted to build up my own 10/22 but the reality is that I do not have the time.

Any concept that this is "tactical" is silly, but its a 10/22, so there is plenty of room for silly while still keeping it a decent rifle. It gets a lot of attention at the range, which I do not like all that much, but if lots of people are thinking about it and not buying it, it could be an interesting gun years from now when they are no longer available.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
Ok,cant find any around with the Hogue stock,but I can get one with a walnut stock for $432.What would be a good scope for this?

Jasperharley

Bearcat
You may want to check the forums, I believe there is a post from a few people with that model that say they are not happy with the accuracy. Otherwise, it should be the same rifle with a nicer stock, no target trigger *NOT SURE ABOUT THAT* and no bipod. In general, I think that for a 22 you will want to start with a scope made for a 22. They are pretty cheap in my experience, $50 -$100. The higher end scopes do not make too much sense unless you are that good. Range, after all, is limited by the round.

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
freakindawgen,

I got a decent Bushnell 3-9-x40 for 572 a few weeks back for about $65. And that was at the "local huntin' store". In other words, I paid about $10-$15 more than I should have. LOL. A 2-7x would've been fine, but I wanted one I could stick on a .223 bolt-action I'm getting.

Depnding on what your using the rifle for, (I assume target/plinking) you can still shoot a .22lr 150 yds. If hunting with it, it might just knock a squirrel silly at that distance. lol Do you know what the distance you'll be shooting, mostly? If it was me, I'd try a 3-9x and go for bust. I'm going to see how far I can shoot my pump .22 next time I set up the target board. And, around here at least, a 3-9x are easier to find/a little cheaper than a 2-7x. Many rimfire scopes are set 4x, also.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
Yeah general target,plinking,and dispatching varments.Smallest caliber I have is .45 so figured it's about time for a .22.Back in my Navy days,on the weekends used to destroy canned goods with a .44 mag,then lay down feet fwd and shoot .22 rifle 100 yards at little army men using iron sites.Old age makes a 3x9 a pleasent add on,lol.

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
Some call a 3-9x over kill, but a bigger picture lets me see better. Not old age, just bad eyes. lol I can hit anything I can see with my iron sights, I just can't see that far.

A

Anonymous

Davidson's (Gallery of Guns) has these on sale till the end of march. Just got one (with the hardwood stock, target trigger and bipod) for 375.00

stevek44

Bearcat
freakindawgen:

My local gun guru was able to find me one during the winter. Brand new factory fresh. I added the Nikon 3-9x40 scope, Butler Creek steel lips clip and a Rimfire Sports charging handle. It shoots like a dream and is dead on at 50yds. I highly recommend one of these if you enjoy shooting small targets at 50 yards or more. They are sweet.

SteveK44:

f1fb89.jpg

np2h5j.jpg

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
stevek44":1m5t8f2a said:
freakindawgen:

My local gun guru was able to find me one during the winter. Brand new factory fresh. I added the Nikon 3-9x40 scope, Butler Creek steel lips clip and a Rimfire Sports charging handle. It shoots like a dream and is dead on at 50yds. I highly recommend one of these if you enjoy shooting small targets at 50 yards or more. They are sweet.

SteveK44:

f1fb89.jpg

np2h5j.jpg

208jg9h.jpg

stevek, That looks like a clone of my Evil Black Bunny Sniper rifle. Ive got a different bipod on mine and the factory bolt handle but my Nikon has Butler Creek flip ups on it. Mine started life as a stock 10/22 though.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
My gun dealer had a laminate stock stainless target in stock and talked me into that one,he put a Simmons 3x9 Prohunter on it and I got a bipod from Wally World.Had to dispatch a raccoon the other day at nite an got him between his glowing eyes.Don't know how I got along without it for so long.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
Here is one I built that is close and it does the job very well. 31/2# trigger, 16" Tac-Sol barrel and Houge overmolded stock. I have another reciever and stock just waiting to get funds for another barrel and trigger kit.

Picture007.jpg

Latest posts