SOLD ðŸ›‘ RARE Colt SMYTHON SMOLT Smith Wesson 8-inch PPC Revolver 357 HARD CHROME 🛑

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MuayThaiJJ

Single-Sixer
*RARE* Custom Colt Smith & Wesson 27-2 SMYTHON SMOLT PPC Revolver .357 Magnum HARD CHROME

This thing is a MONSTER. If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind big, bad, and extremely accurate revolver - THIS IS YOUR GUN! It's a Smython, aka. Smolt, and represents the epitome of a custom-built revolver. A Smython is the marriage of a Colt Python barrel onto a S&W frame. Simple idea, but challenging to properly execute. The 8-inch Colt Python barrel is the most accurate production barrel because of its higher quality rifling and tighter tolerances. It was also .001 smaller at the muzzle and the twist rate of 1:14. Combined with the smoother S&W trigger it is the best of both worlds. It is heavy - 67 oz. and shoots 1" groups at 25yd. Because of the weight, there is very little recoil, especially when shooting 38SPL loads. To top it off it is completely hard-chromed making it extremely durable and resistant to corrosion. It will last the ages. It is not cheap to make one of these, as you can see from the build cost below. A lot of time and money went into its construction. I am selling it at a big discount to fund a new project.
SALE PRICE $SOLD

IMG-1118.jpg

IMG-1117.jpg

IMG-1116.jpg

IMG-1115.jpg

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ranger

Single-Sixer
MuayThaiJJ: That should be a great gun; but there is probably a limited market for that gun. Those with the interest and resources to purchase it will probably want details on the gunsmith who did the work. You could probably get more if: a top known smith did it, you share that, and include provenance. I bet it shoots great!

Last edited:

MuayThaiJJ

Single-Sixer
I've seen a few. I'm pretty sure they recut the barrel threads. Timing the barrel is the hard part it should be a certain ft lbs so many degrees from straight. You usually shave.001 at a time till you're close then slather it up and tighten it in place.