SOLD - Bowen OM Custom Conversion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
A member committed to buy this gun last month then once I took it down, they apparently changed their mind and failed to let me know so it is back for sale.

As I continue the retirement journey I am continuing to pare down the custom revolvers in the safe. This one started life as an old model flat top 44 mag with the 7 1/2" barrel then Hamilton went to work on it. He converted it to 45 Colt, had Turnbull do the case coloring, fit one of his locking base pins and refinished the XR-3 grip frame. The gun currently has a Turnbull colored bisley spurred hammer by David Clements but I do have the original hammer if a person wants it installed instead of the bisley spurred hammer. The grips are a set of beautiful ivories crafted by Paul Persinger out of El Paso TX. The cylinder does bear Bowen crest on the back edge in case you were wondering.

The shipped price is $3600 and I can do a payment plan of half down and the other half within 30 days.
I am also fine on $3100 without the ivories if a person wanted to go that direction too.

The first "I will take it" posted and followed by a confirming PM gets the gun.

Thank you for looking.

Robb
fy404Jk.jpg

cRb01dI.jpg

XkLYxYv.jpg

alyTRoG.jpg

kRajDwR.jpg

0YzDBn8.jpg

foxtrapper

Blackhawk
Retirement! Don't that mean you have more time to enjoy all your customs! Good luck with your sale! Absolutely beautiful revolver!!

princeout

Blackhawk
I sure had hoped this gun would stay sold. It is a beautiful example of Hamilton's work in a fine cartridge.

Someone really needs to give this one a new home.

Tim

mhblaw

Blackhawk
You guys should become neighbors so you could save money on shipping; you could just go next door and borrow one for awhile.

princeout

Blackhawk
This revolver sure is a beautiful example of several artisans' work. I do hope it finds an appreciative home!

Tim

nrobe50

Buckeye
TTT for a beautiful revolver. Wish I had won the lottery. Maybe I will buy a ticket sometime.

Badger Matt

Single-Sixer
Would you mind sharing pics of the writing on the barrel, the serial number or year of manufature, and a pic of the Bowen crest? I'll PM my cell in case that's easier. I am a weak and impulsive buyer, have been considering selling my 4-digit SBH, and have been looking for a 3-screw Blackhawk. I own a USFA 44-40 and had Paul Persinger ivories fitted to her. This could be a perfect gun for my retirement...in 2 months and 9 days!!!

Sounds good Matt, I will PM you with my address for the FFL and the money order or check. Just let me know which hammer you want it to come with. Remember, the regular hammer is the one Hamilton tuned the action with but your choice.

Robb

Status
Not open for further replies.