XS big dot sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

brushunter

Single-Sixer
I've recently "acquired" two Ruger revolvers. Both 3" , a GP and a SP , fixed sight models. I have trouble picking up the front sight ....been thinking of the XS Big Dot sight. Anybody try this sight ? Your thoughts ???

regards , brushunter

USAFA71

Bearcat
Put them on several of my carry guns. Not much for target shooting, but for a fast, reactive shot where a hit now is more important than a precise shot in a few seconds, I think the Big Dot is the way to go! Plan on putting a set on my Glock 43 next week.

Work well for picking up the front sight, especially with older eyes.

tinman

Buckeye
As stated, not for distance work but very quick to acquire.....I run them on my G19 carry gun.
Fixin to put a set on the girlfriends G43.

brushunter

Single-Sixer
Ok , sounds like what I'm looking for. Depending on my mood , I've been carrying one or the other. Appreciate the response.

regards , brusunter

Varminterror

Blackhawk
Pistolero said:
tinman said:
As stated, not for distance work but very quick to acquire.....I run them on my G19 carry gun.
Fixin to put a set on the girlfriends G43.
Tinman,
I thought about buying a set my G19Gen4 bedside gun. Were they fairly easy to install?

Regards,
Mike

I'll be arrogant enough to answer in Tinman's stead - they're easy enough. Just pay attention. Glock front sights are super easy, but you do have to ruin a 3/16" driver/ratchet socket. Chuck it into a drill press and use a file to cut down the OD so it'll fit down into the relief. A dab of thread locker and stick the new one back in the same way, $10 plus the cost of your sight, and 10min of your life. Done. If you don't have a sight pusher, then the rear sight will need a brass, wooden, or Delrin rod, a slide vise, and a mallet/hammer to drift into place. Don't go caveman, it doesn't take much tension to hold a sight in place, so if it doesn't willingly go, strop the bottom of the new sight in a piece of sandpaper laid on a piece of glass to dress it down a touch so it will slide into place. Just go slow, don't take off too much.

REP1954

Blackhawk
XS Sights made this LC9 come alive. I've used XS Sights on shotguns, AR15's, and semi auto pistols and been very pleased. Have not used them on a revolver yet.

bradepb

Bearcat
I think there great for a self defense gun. I had them on a Glock and had to remove because of my eyes. I would see a double line in the rear unless I put on my reading glasses. On my SP101 I have a Meprolight front which is big enough for me to see well and pick up quickly.

brushunter

Single-Sixer
bradepb , I thought the Meprolight was the " Big Dot " ?? What about height ? I've had people tell me they lay the dot on top of the groove instead of pulling it down into the rear groove ? I found some " bright orange " finger nail polish ....I've put just a drop on the front blade ...really made a difference.

regards brushunter

REP1954 said:
XS Sights made this LC9 come alive. I've used XS Sights on shotguns, AR15's, and semi auto pistols and been very pleased. Have not used them on a revolver yet.

I really like that, I bet it points fast. I have used model airplane paint and fingernail polish. I like orange and yellow

REP1954

Blackhawk
I really like that, I bet it points fast. I have used model airplane paint and fingernail polish. I like orange and yellow

It's not only a white dot the center is a green tritium dot.