WTB WTB Blackhawks Matching UH-60 Tail Numbers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

now that is indeed a cool idea, and we for one wish you luck in your search, couple of friends of mine served there back in the 60s and they carried Rugers, one a 30 carbine and the other other, a 44 Blackhawk, Fred Price, my late friend , a NAVY Seabee served at Dong Ha, attached to the USMC base there sent me this picture from back then.........

Attachments

• 1 doorguuner w Ruger.jpg
    1 doorguuner w Ruger.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 32

hoverbutton

Bearcat
The 78- prefixed gun should be a model 77 rifle from 1984
The 81-, 82-, and 83- prefixed guns should exist as New Model Super Blackhawks from the 1970s.

The reason they don't show up on the online lookup is that they were made prior to the records being computerized. Ruger has been slowly filling in older data on there, but it doesn't seem to be a high priority, so I wouldn't hold my breath as to when it will happen.
Awesome, I really appreciate this info. I've been seeing some that don't hit on their database so I was pretty hopeful that there would be more on the unconfirmed list that do exist.

66-00886

That was our maintenance bird. I got a lot of stick time. My maintenance pilots were great.

This old H-Model was pretty decrepit. It had so much touch up paint on it, it looked camo. We were required to send it in and have it repainted. Looked like a jalopy derby car with a new paint job.

I did all the 1352 reports, so my little brain remembers many tail numbers.
:cool: