WTB 77/50 FOUND THANKS! :)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got one,, it's blued with wood stock, that I would consider parting with,, nice shape has a Tasco scope on it but I can leave that or take it off , it has the breech plug for caps but I also have the plug for 209 primers , the take down tool and I beleive the owners manual , I don't think I have the box ,, if you want to see some pictures let me know , i'll get it out of the safe take some with my phone, just PM me your phone # if you want them

oh by the way , forum rules say you must post your location at lease your state , either in the body of your post or in your profile

contender

Ruger Guru
I won't step on any deal you may have with Hawk-in Wi,, but if your deal with him doesn't work out,, I too have a blued one.

eastbank

Single-Sixer
i have a stainless 77/50 in a syn stock, set up for # 11 caps in the box lightly used. pm for info.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
These rifles shoot great! I have 2 sighted in for this weekend in Missouri. We all know blackpowder and the substitute powder take extra steps. But, worth every minute. Good luck OP,, pm me if you want for loads I have found. One 77/50 is sighted in .429" and green sabots. Other is .452" and the black sabots.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Looks like the coon hunter from NE MO. has a good lead on this often overlooked Ruger. It uses Mark II trigger parts. I'm having excellent groups with IMR's Whitehot pellets. 777 shoots very well. For years I loaded 100 grs of Pyrodex Select with a .429" XTP. Shoots thru deer length wise or sideways. Like a freight train! Had success with the FTX's, too. I remove breech plug and clean bore after each shot. Only way I can shoot small, consistent groups. Trying to adjust a scope with a dirty bore leaves one frustrated. Since I'm using #11 caps, fouled muzzle sends sabot astray. No so with a spotless bore. When I bought my first 77/50, it was rusted from test fire. I thought no way would it shoot. So, I bought a NIB Remington 700 ML. Bore shiny. Easy to load. And the Ruger out shot it! I killed several deer with this accurate Ruger. Sold the Remington. It simply would not group like the rusty Ruger.

Status
Not open for further replies.