WTB: .44 Mag. Flattop birthyear revolver 1961

Help Support Ruger Forum:

salvo

Bearcat
Oilman, I wish you luck in your search! For quite a few years now I have wanted a .44 Flat Top in my birth year 1959 I just bought one from the classifieds here last month and received it the week before my birthday!
Never thought about trying to find a year and month gun. Does the Dougan guide narrow it down to the month? If so could you tell me about #1596x

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
I've got 273xx. It's a shooter in good shape and I'm pretty fond of it. If you can find me a good Flat Top to replace it we can swap.

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
salvo said:
Oilman, I wish you luck in your search! For quite a few years now I have wanted a .44 Flat Top in my birth year 1959 I just bought one from the classifieds here last month and received it the week before my birthday!
Never thought about trying to find a year and month gun. Does the Dougan guide narrow it down to the month? If so could you tell me about #1596x

Call Ruger and ask for a letter. They usually tell the month as well as year from the serial number. You would probably like my near perfect 10" .44 flattop #189xx from August '59. Guess that would make yours an earlier month but you can't always tell with Ruger.

Mike

mike722

Buckeye
salvo said:

I'm guessing 1596x as a May 1959, maybe April 1959.. Ruger will tell you the month and year it left the factory..

salvo

Bearcat
I have a 1 in 12 chance that it would be May, you guys are making it look like it really could be may :D
I'll give Ruger a call and get it lettered, thanks for the info! I'll let you know what they say.

BC Mike I would love to see your 59 Flat Top.

Here is my 59 I bought from mr.deerstalker, great guy to deal with BTW!
It is about the condition I would say Oilman is looking for, shows a good bit of holster ware, but I'm not kidding it looks like it was shot very little.

IMG_9791.jpg

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
salvo said:
I have a 1 in 12 chance that it would be May, you guys are making it look like it really could be may :D
I'll give Ruger a call and get it lettered, thanks for the info! I'll let you know what they say.

BC Mike I would love to see your 59 Flat Top.

Here is my 59 I bought from mr.deerstalker, great guy to deal with BTW!
It is about the condition I would say Oilman is looking for, shows a good bit of holster ware, but I'm not kidding it looks like it was shot very little.

IMG_9791.jpg

Don't want to hijack oilman's thread but here is a link to my thread with the '59 10" and my '60 7.5"

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=113039