WT Trade for 7rnd 1911 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
I know it's not the best, but I just bought a Tisas 1911. Problem is it comes with a single Mec-Gar 8 round magazine. Where I'm headed you can only have 7 round mags. Anyone have a 1 on 1 trade for a mag I don't even have yet?

slotbike

Single-Sixer
If you are headed here (to NY) you can keep your 10 round magazines just can't load them with more than 7 rounds except at a range or competition! ABSURD!!!!!!! On April 15th, if the law holds (which we do not think it will) magazines over 7 rounds will not be allowed to be sold in NY!

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
slotbike said:
If you are headed here (to NY) you can keep your 10 round magazines just can't load them with more than 7 rounds except at a range or competition! ABSURD!!!!!!! On April 15th, if the law holds (which we do not think it will) magazines over 7 rounds will not be allowed to be sold in NY!

Yes Sir SB - NY is the destination. I agree it's absurd (10000000000000%) but I have to live with whatever the stupid law is. Are you SURE you can just down size the amount of ammo versus mag limits? I keep getting conflicting advice.

slotbike

Single-Sixer
BeagleDog said:
slotbike said:

Yes Sir SB - NY is the destination. I agree it's absurd (10000000000000%) but I have to live with whatever the stupid law is. Are you SURE you can just down size the amount of ammo versus mag limits? I keep getting conflicting advice.
I'm positive! I am very well read on the law, very involved in what is going on here in NY and have a strong feeling that the whole 7 round thing will be repealed! If you send me your email address I will send you the NYS SAFE FAQ's!

Glenn
[email protected]

slotbike

Single-Sixer
Here is the ammo/magazine section of the law:

• If you own a large capacity magazine greater than 10 round capacity that was a grandfathered magazine as a result of the 1994 Federal Assault Weapon Ban, within a year, you must do one of the following: dispose of it to another person outside New York State, surrender it to law enforcement officials, or permanently alter such to only accept 7 rounds.
• If you own a 10 round magazine for your gun, you will be allowed to keep such magazine but only be able to load it with 7 rounds unless you are at an exempted location such as a shooting range or competition. In 90 days from enactment you will no longer be able to purchase 10 round magazines, only 7 and lower capacity magazines.
• Starting in one year, to purchase ammunition, the seller will perform a check to verify that you are not prohibited under the Federal Law disqualifiers (see last page) from possessing a firearm, and will not sell you ammunition if you are prohibited.

tjironhorse

Single-Sixer
slotbike said:

• If you own a large capacity magazine greater than 10 round capacity that was a grandfathered magazine as a result of the 1994 Federal Assault Weapon Ban, within a year, you must do one of the following: dispose of it to another person outside New York State, surrender it to law enforcement officials, or permanently alter such to only accept 7 rounds.
• If you own a 10 round magazine for your gun, you will be allowed to keep such magazine but only be able to load it with 7 rounds unless you are at an exempted location such as a shooting range or competition. In 90 days from enactment you will no longer be able to purchase 10 round magazines, only 7 and lower capacity magazines.
• Starting in one year, to purchase ammunition, the seller will perform a check to verify that you are not prohibited under the Federal Law disqualifiers (see last page) from possessing a firearm, and will not sell you ammunition if you are prohibited.

I'm a fellow NYer and slotbike tells you true.
TJ

slotbike

Single-Sixer
tjironhorse said:
slotbike said:

I'm a fellow NYer and slotbike tells you true.
TJ
Thanks TJ!

BeagleDog: don't fall victim to the hysteria and to those that do not know the law! If you are concerned, read it for yourself! What I posted is from the bill. It is "the law"!

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
Thanks to ALL of you. I feel like I got GREAT advice! I was set on selling a number of guns because of the mag limit. Think about it - a law that allows you 10 round mags but only allows you 7 to load????? Who's to prevent anyone from loading 10? Again, ridiculous.

Folks. Based on this advice I will just hold onto my mags - sorry!

slotbike

Single-Sixer
BeagleDog said:
Thanks to ALL of you. I feel like I got GREAT advice! I was set on selling a number of guns because of the mag limit. Think about it - a law that allows you 10 round mags but only allows you 7 to load????? Who's to prevent anyone from loading 10? Again, ridiculous.

Good move! Where in NY are you moving to?

Glenn

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
slotbike said:
BeagleDog said:

Good move! Where in NY are you moving to?

Glenn

Smithville Flats, about 25 miles NNE of Binghamton. 20 acres of my own with a 1 acre pond, home, and thousands of acres around me!

Latest posts