Will you buy a Ruger SR9c?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Yes, WAYNO, I agree. I also posted the same thing you did on that other thread where the guy is very adamant.
I got on the Ruger site and did a lot of looking and found what you did. I posted that back to him and asker for a link, but he did not respond... I was not aware that he was "selling."
I suspect that Ruger knows exactly what it is and described it correctly on their site.
Someone had posted elsewhere that the "black" pistol may be covering a metal that is only one tiny "step" in alloy away from 4140-SS (or whatever) such that it cannot be legally described as stainless. I am not putting that product metal down as inferior. Just inferring that I will also only consider the stainless.
Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Will I buy one? Well, maybe and maybe not. Just did post for a sale, but then sent the confirming PM to myself. Was dumb BUT it was 2:20 a.m. this morning and I wasn't thinking too well. Tried to do damage control this morning, so we'll see.
I think I know enough about the gun to take a chance on it. I know a bit about Ruger revolvers, have a few, but never a Ruger semi. I can always dump it at the next Orlando gunshow if I don't like it. The price was right...in our classifieds. The specs on it sound decent for a IWB gun.
I have a G26, so it will have to prove itself or I won't keep it long.
Sonnytoo

recoilguy

Bearcat
I held one this weekend. It felt nice and it pointed very easily. I could not get the slide release to release the slide with my thumb no matter how hard I tried. I had to begin to slingshot thenn depress the slide release. I tried evry hard to do it but could not.

I never shot it and am thinking it is pretty dang accurate but that slide release was a bearcat to get loose.

RCG

Scott

Single-Sixer
You mean the SLIDE STOP? Sorry, I couldn't resist - I have no dog in this hunt, but look for the recent dust-up on this forum about whether that difficulty you mention is good or bad. I know I can now release my SR9 slide much easier with my thumb after 300 rounds, but I personally prefer the sling shot method just because that's what the owners' manual says I'm supposed to do. I don't have much experience with other semi's, so it's no adjustment for me to get used to.

Al James

Hunter
Its all tied up at 76 yeas/nays. Looks like Ruger will sell alot of these, at least to half of us! I would bye one if I could find one. Grr. :(

FED327

Bearcat
Only three "plastic" guns I would ever own again would be a P95 & P97, and maybe the new 22/45 with 1911 grips...otherwise, not a fan of plastic in my guns...even grips should be made of wood or ivory!

Old Griz

Bearcat
I got here too late to vote, but I would have said, "No." I carry a Glock 21 and to me the regular SR9 is pretty small. I need another CCW like I need another hemorrhoid, however, (it may be blasphemy to say this here) I'm waiting for the new Charter Arms revolver in .45 ACP. I like the Bulldog, but the cost of .44 Special ammo is kinda high, and the .45 ACP is a lot cheaper.

balloo93

Bearcat
New member here. I bought a SR9C yesterday and will wring it out at the range today.

I am a external thumb safety guy from way back (even though I am only 37yrs old). This and my wallet narrowed down my choices quite a bit. It came down to the Taurus MILLENNIUM PT111 or the SR9C.

Looked at both yesterday and the Ruger won the day. Only thing I do not like is the stainless slide. I do not like duo tone guns at all. I'll keep it for awhile and if need be, I'll have it duracoated.

Latest posts