Will They Ever Make The ............ Again ???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Will They Ever Make The ............ 96/44 Again ??? That should be the question. That gun should not be expensive to manufacture and there is a GOOD market for them now. Icing on the cake would be one in 357 mag. :D

OldHickory

Bearcat
6.5x55 RSI or No 1 !!!!
Even a 6.5x55 Hawkeye would be nice. I know what my son's christmas present would be if this one was available right now.....

picketpin

Buckeye
No way they are going to start mamking #3s again, in any caliber. They quit making them 2 times due to slow sales and that was when there was a lot more cultural/shooter interest in the of a good single shot.

They have cut production of the #1 to a few select models each year. If I really wanted a #3 in 44 mag or 223 I'd go find one of thise already made, and buy it.

There is a real nice 223 on GB right now for an opening bid of $795 and no bids. Surely a new MSPR would be more.

Heck you find a cheap #3 and I'll send you a new, unfired 223 barrel I took off one in the process of making a #2.

I've never paid more than $600 for a #3 but then I look for bargains because I take them apart and am buying "parts".

RWT

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
While I finally got one on the used market, I sure would like to see the African 9.3x62 back in production. It is, in my opinion, the nicest all around African rifle made. If I were young again. I'd buy one of these and a 223 and happily hunt the rest of my life.
Bfly

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I love the No. 1. I love the 9.3 cartridges; I currently have five guns in that caliber. The African 77 is such a perfect purpose built rifle, I couldn't replace mine with a No. 1. Just such different guns. That is not to detract from the No. 1, especially in 9.3.
If Ruger doesn't make another run or two of these, I suspect they could become like the 358 tang safety carbine, a near perfect hunting rifle turned into a collector, safe queen.
Bfly

mohavesam

Hawkeye
No.3.
:idea: - A small series of 30-30; 35Rem; 358Win, 480 Ruger; and maybe 327 fed & 357 Maximum? would be so very nice for real woods venison hunters.
Aww... go ahead and put a Frontier-type fwd mount rib on it just for me! :)

:idea: - SP101 327 Fed Magnum. This time with a 4" half-lug barrel and real adj. rear sights puhlease.

:idea: - For a new entry: A 96/480 levergun would be an instant Ruger classic also!

Red 21st-century buttpads on both carbines please. :shock:

mohavesam said:
No.3.
:idea: - A small series of 30-30; 35Rem; 358Win, 480 Ruger; and maybe 327 fed & 357 Maximum? would be so very nice for real woods venison hunters.
Aww... go ahead and put a Frontier-type fwd mount rib on it just for me! :)

:idea: - SP101 327 Fed Magnum. This time with a 4" half-lug barrel and real adj. rear sights puhlease.

:idea: - For a new entry: A 96/480 levergun would be an instant Ruger classic also!

Red 21st-century buttpads on both carbines please. :shock:

Wow...you and I are in agreement. Great choices, I second the motion...