Why so many deleted pictures?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KLNC

Single-Sixer
I was spending some idle (or productive, depending on the point of view) time today just browsing through the Gallery, and noticed how many pictures have been deleted from some really interesting stories and posts. I guess there's any number of reasons someone might want to delete their photos, but sure seemed like a lot are gone. A shame really, as some of the posts are quite interesting, and the photos would add a lot.

tinman

Buckeye
Not sure about the photos but I do see a lot of things that were put up for sale that have been deleted.

When my Photo Bucket approaches its storage limit for me, I must eliminate photos to make room for more. If I eliminate any photos on Photo Bucket that I've copied to Ruger Forum, the copied photos on this forum are poofed at the same time.

WAYNO.

Jim Puke

Hunter
WAYNO said:
When my Photo Bucket approaches its storage limit for me, I must eliminate photos to make room for more. If I eliminate any photos on Photo Bucket that I've copied to Ruger Forum, the copied photos on this forum are poofed at the same time.

WAYNO.

Same here...have to clean that mess out, sometimes.

That happens when image files are not kept on the site server.

Tenbore

Single-Sixer
If you move anything around in Photo Bucket, it breaks the link even if it has not been deleted.

pete44ru

Hunter

Besides the pics that I've taken down for one reason or another, I've also lost several dozens of pics.

Once when a (free) pic-hosting website went belly-up ( villagephotos.com ).

And again, when I was locked out of another (free) pic-hosting website, that changed horses in mid-stream by stopping my " free" access after 1 year ( imageshack.com ), then deleted all my pics there when I didn't respond to their membership offer ($$$).

And, yes - moving images around a pic-hosting website requires one to update that pic's direct url with the new direct url.

Latest posts