Who Can Modify an LC9 Mag Release?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doc540

Single-Sixer
I need a qualified gunsmith to stiffen the mag release spring on my LC9.

Or does anyone make an aftermarket spring stiffer than the stock spring?

I'm getting too many accidental mag drops, and I have two choices:

fix it or sell it

And please keep "on topic" and discuss who can modify or change the spring.

thnx

dhazel74

Bearcat
I would give Ruger a call and see what they have to say. I have not heard of any aftermarket mag release springs for the LC9 at this time. Also, maybe try and modify your grip on the pistol. Just thinking out loud.

David H.

doc540

Single-Sixer
Thanks but a grip change isn't an option. I can't change my grip position from one carry piece to another.

I just need to make the release more intentional.

jimbo50

Bearcat
Doc,maybe try a hogue handall sleeve.I put one on my lc9 and it improved the grip,it also makes the grip a little wider.Maybe that would keep you from hitting the mag release.

doc540

Single-Sixer
thanks, jimbo

I removed the mag release spring today and spread it just a little (didn't want to overdo it).

It's slightly tighter.

Added a small piece of bike tube (all I had handy, but a larger piece will work better), so I'll see how it works on my next range trip.

The LC9 moves around a little bit in my hands, and I don't want to be thinking "don't drop the mag" since I carry it as a BUG.

(you can see the carry wear already showing on the mag release)
LC9.jpg

jimbo50

Bearcat
Doc,I was reading on another forum the same problem with an lc9,they said some mag release springs too short were installed by ruger.The fix was to call ruger and get a replacement.

doc540

Single-Sixer
jimbo50 said:
Doc,I was reading on another forum the same problem with an lc9,they said some mag release springs too short were installed by ruger.The fix was to call ruger and get a replacement.

Thanks, I'll do just that Tuesday.

Mondays are a bad day to call any CS dept. :wink:

jrprich

Bearcat
Have you looked online for some "grip strips" self adhesive custom cut grip strips could improve your overall grip. Won't help with the mag release.

Just one of many http://www.tractiongrips.com/catalog/i25.html

Latest posts