Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
Another Painted Bunting out in the cedar trees. :D Dr.C

6371-1.jpg

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I go back and forth, trying to figure which to be more in awe of: Doc's skill w/ the camera, or the wide variety of critters in his "back yard!"

Love all the pictures, Doc!

Rick C

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
gunhacker said:
Wow.... a prime example of nature's canvas, the variety of colors and markings on birds never ceases to amaze me.

Hi,

Methinks we need to find Doc some ducks to practice on! The beautiful seasonal iridescent plumage on mallards, pintails, green wing teal and wood ducks has always fascinated me. I'll bet he could really capture them nicely!

Rick C

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
Doc,
Outstanding photographs. If you don't mind me asking, what camera are you using? What lenses?

I'm finally giving up on my Nikon FE2 35MM and thinking of going to a digital SLR.

Thanks,
Jeff

doccash

Buckeye
Jeffniles: The camera is a Canon 5D with a Canon 400mm f5.6 L lens. Thanks for looking and the neat comments from everyone. Dr.C :D

contender

Ruger Guru
I have to be careful of how many pics that doc takes I show to Miss Penny. She starts lamenting on how she wants a bigger lens for her camera, and other such stuff. To get a bigger lens for her camera would cost me the equivilent of a couple of real good Rugers!

Once again doc, excellent pics.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Beautiful! We have indigo buntings around here, which are solid electric blue and I'd love to sneak a good picture of one.