What sight?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was looking for an adjustable rear sight for my Charles Daly 1911 and came across a number of things I have no idea what is being talked about. I see "Novak Lomount Cut", "Bo-Mac Cut", "Kimber Cut", and "Standard Cut"., What are these "CUTS" they speak of?

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
Fox Mike said:
So how do I tell what I have?

Fox Mike,
Go to the manufacturer, They should be able to fix you up.
Me, I never can keep track of all these modern attachments for These fancy pistoles.
That is for the young whipper snappers!
Blackie

SR1911SHOOTER said:
Fox Mike said:

Fox Mike,
Me, I never can keep track of all these modern attachments for These fancy pistoles.
Blackie
Charles Daly is out of the 1911 business and I am not a young whipper snapper looking for a 'fancy' anything. I'm just trying to figure out which adjustable rear sight I need for my 1911.

wmgeorge

Bearcat
Frank, good question.. go to the Novak website they might have the info you need. Another source, Midway USA and search for adjustable sights 1911. If its a true old school 1911 it might have a square post front sight, staked on. The rear might need the dovetail milled if it does not have one. I would be nice if you could post pictures here.

wmgeorge said:
Frank, good question.. go to the Novak website they might have the info you need. Another source, Midway USA and search for adjustable sights 1911. If its a true old school 1911 it might have a square post front sight, staked on. The rear might need the dovetail milled if it does not have one. I would be nice if you could post pictures here.
The rear is a dovetail. I 'believe' that Novak is the way to go but was looking for verification from some of the 1911 pros.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Here's a couple diagrams that might help.

NovakRearSight.jpg

novak-cut-1911-slide.png

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
Fox Mike said:
SR1911SHOOTER said:
Fox Mike said:

Fox Mike,
Blackie
Charles Daly is out of the 1911 business and I am not a young whipper snapper looking for a 'fancy' anything. I'm just trying to figure out which adjustable rear sight I need for my 1911.

Sorry, Fox Mike,
You asked a question. I had no idea Daly was out of the 1911 business.
Nor did I mean to imply that you were a "Young Whipper Snapper". Me, at 82 I have trouble remembering
my name. :D
Blackie

great pictures and well worth any and all amount of 'words'...as the detail shows for many of these aftermarket sights, even going back to the Bomar, and others you NEED to "mill" a flat behind the dovetail to allow for the low profile, and is some case the rear to be adjustable, also the dovetail itself is "wider" for some makes and models of sights....thus, this is NOT just a simple drop in for a normal 1911 rear dovetail slot....thats where the Milletts, Micros and some others come , as well as needing a higher front sight blade to match