What do you think of the hammer?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Morgoth

Bearcat
Custom_Freedom_Arms_44_Special_Updated_main.jpg

Morgoth

Bearcat
I have more than one Bowen custom but that hammer isn't my cup of tea either.

I just sent a 97 to Hamilton to get that basic package but that hammer option is not something I wanted at all. I understand his comments on a bisley not working out but I still like my Harton bisley hammer on my FA 83 better even though I would change it's position slightly if I did it over. I bought a existing gun so the narrowed frame rails was not an option.
IMG_0182.jpg

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
I don't know about the hammer but that is probably the coolest front sight I've ever seen. 8)

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Beauty follows function for me...that hammer looks like it'd be a royal PITA to catch with the strong side thumb, and the narrowed frame is a fix to a non-existent problem; but to each his own...Rod

Hey It is your gun and WHAT YOU want. Are you happy? Me I just like regular old Blackhawk and Super Hammers.
Just me. Just one question , is the hole for one of those rope things :lol: Lyanyard or whatever they call them. I guess if you are afraid of droping it ya need a couple of places to tie a rope to it. Really just joking.
Jim

Bucks Owin

Hunter
Mmmm....nah

I think a Bisley hammer is far better looking. The front sight looks kinda cool but I wonder how it does in bright sunlight? To me, lanyard rings look right for 1870s cavalry use....

JMHO... :wink:

caryc

Hawkeye
About the only thing I like is the lanyard ring. Maybe he uses that hammer to hang it on the wall. The only thing I can think of about that hammer is, "why would anyone do that"?

dougader

Hunter
Usually I like most everything Hamilton does to a revolver, but I don't like that hammer. I don't like the FA hammer, either. Give me a Bisley hammer and I'll be happy.

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
I'm a bit old fashioned and that hammer kinda looks out of place. It would be great on my Browning hi-power. It just seems like it doesn't belong on that old girl.

cas6969

Buckeye
Interesting, though not for me.

I'm guessing it's more of an artistic thing and a functional one. It doesn't really make sense to do all the frame lightening work to the gun, then add an extra heavy hammer.

Now for my official moderator comment, which comes in bold font at no additional cost. :wink: You are hotlinking that image off Bowen's site, which means you are stealing bandwidth. Copyright concerns aside, you are using his bandwidth and costing him money. Please host photos on your own photo hosts and do not hotlink.

Dale53

Blackhawk
Ug-g-g!!

Frankly, I would rather have my "as issued" Ruger SS Flattop .44 Special 4 5/8" several times over.

It shoots extremely well, and I can have it hitting point of aim with most any load I run through it due to good adjustable sights.

FWIW
Dale53