Well, I gave up!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dlidster

Single-Sixer
Ruger Packer said:
boomer1 said:
... However, as I see it, the production rollout of the SR1911 should be an embarrassment to the folks in Prescott...
boomer 8)

Why should it be an embarrassment??? The gun is a success!!

+1

I just got back from a USPSA match. I'm starting to use my SR1911 as often as my CZ 75 B. The gun attracts some attention and is well-liked, even by the high-end STI guys.

As I've said, I've had mine since the first week in May and am within a week of shooting 6,000 rounds. From people I talk with (as opposed to listen to on web sites), the SR1911 isn't all that hard to find if you really want one. The owner of the small LGS where I bought mine (for $645) said he has sold about three dozen since last May.

Ruger has sold more than 10,000, according to what I've read on this forum. So, some people are finding them. I truly believe that if a person really wanted one, he could get on the phone and find one within, say, 250 miles, no matter what state he lives in. If he's just waiting for it to show up in a specific LGS, I don't think he really wants one as badly as those of us who already have one and are really enjoying it.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
The fact that your "small LGS" says he's had 3 dozen and others have had 1 or 2 or none points to obvious distribution problems. How can anyone think otherwise? Ruger could solve this with a few phone calls.

It just can't be too much to ask to be able to go to your favorite LGS and buy a Ruger. My favorite local LGS buys from Davidsons and has had 1 so far.

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ said:
The fact that your "small LGS" says he's had 3 dozen

I would need to see PROOF of a 'small LGS' getting 36 or so SR1911's ....

Without that kind of documentation I would very highly doubt it.

It just would make no sense unless the LGS owner had very strong connections within Ruger ... which could certainly be possible .... and that would go a long way to explaining it. It would also say a lot (and not good) about Ruger's distribution system.

'Whenever' .... is soon enough for mine ....

REV

dlidster

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
ArmedinAZ said:
The fact that your "small LGS" says he's had 3 dozen

I would need to see PROOF of a 'small LGS' getting 36 or so SR1911's ....

Without that kind of documentation I would very highly doubt it.

It just would make no sense unless the LGS owner had very strong connections within Ruger ... which could certainly be possible .... and that would go a long way to explaining it. It would also say a lot (and not good) about Ruger's distribution system.

'Whenever' .... is soon enough for mine ....

REV
The fact that I said it would be adequate proof to those who know me. I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it to be true. And I resent any implication that I would say otherwise.

The LGS with whom I dealt is not a particularly easy man to get along with. But his prices are fair and he takes enormous pride in the prompt payment relationship he has with his long-time distributor. He says that why he gets guns when others don't. I take him at his word.

The fact that a LGS uses Davidson's as a distributor means absolutely nothing. Hundreds of dealers and sellers and web-based operations use Davidson's. How does that factor into this conversation? And I'm not sure about the meaning of "Ruger's distribution system." Ruger is a manufacturer. Other independent businesses distribute them.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
SELECT, small LGD who hold a RUGER DAY/Days Promotion will receive multiple Rugers. Mine had a dozen SR1911 out of the gate and another 25 in Sept. There's your proof. :D
AS I HAVE STATED more than once, here, go to the Ruger website and look up special promos/events. Find one in your arena and go buy a gun......... 8)

revhigh

Hawkeye
dlidster said:
And I'm not sure about the meaning of "Ruger's distribution system." Ruger is a manufacturer. Other independent businesses distribute them.

Ruger doesn't distribute/allocate their products to their distributors ????

REV

Good point. Like, how does lipseys, davidsons, etc. get them? They have been allocated forever.

I ordered 2 back in june from my dealer. About two weeks apart. One arrived a few months ago. May not see the other in time to put it under the tree. I cant blame my dealer, he gets what the distibutors send him. I cant blame the distributors. Only Ruger's allocation system, or the lack there of. There is obviosly a problem. My dad already has the sr1911 that arrived already. It was for fathers day.

revhigh said:
dlidster said:
And I'm not sure about the meaning of "Ruger's distribution system." Ruger is a manufacturer. Other independent businesses distribute them.

Ruger doesn't distribute/allocate their products to their distributors ????

REV

Of course they do rev. But I understand the need to resort to such rhetoric when trying to get the point to some around here. It should be common sense.

There is a problem in the system somewere.

HAWKEYE#28 said:
SELECT, small LGD who hold a RUGER DAY/Days Promotion will receive multiple Rugers. Mine had a dozen SR1911 out of the gate and another 25 in Sept. There's your proof. :D
AS I HAVE STATED more than once, here, go to the Ruger website and look up special promos/events. Find one in your arena and go buy a gun......... 8)

This is the first I have heard of it :D
Details man!

The Wall

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
HAWKEYE#28 said:

This is the first I have heard of it :D
Details man!
Here's the link that Hawkeye is talking about> http://www.ruger.com/links/rugerEvents.html
Thanks Hawkeye :D

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
That is it!! May not be everywhere, but there is one in Wisc. Check your atlas if you are in the Green Bay Packer state! This how i found and purchased mine.........One even traveled fom Mn. to Oklahoma, from Hutchinson, MN, from the Ruger Days at Little Crow Sports........ 8)

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
HAWKEYE#28 said:
That is it!! May not be everywhere, but there is one in Wisc. Check your atlas if you are in the Green Bay Packer state! This how i found and purchased mine.........One even traveled fom Mn. to Oklahoma, from Hutchinson, MN, from the Ruger Days at Little Crow Sports........ 8)

Sounds familiar!! :wink:

triker

Single-Sixer
I gave up trying to find a SR1911 also. Had one locally I could have got for $800 and passed. Ended up buying a new Springer loaded target, SS. Looks as good as the Ruger I think. May still get a SR1911 down the road if demand slows and price comes back to where they started, in the $600 range. Can never have to many 1911's. Triker

revhigh

Hawkeye
triker said:
Ended up buying a new Springer loaded target, SS. Looks as good as the Ruger I think.

Great guns ... you'll love it !! I almost bought the exact gun in 9MM about a year ago. Decided to just keep my eye out for a used one instead. $825 was the price I got for it and I was very tempted. Loved the adjustable sights. The Loaded Targets are very very good guns. A bunch of my range buddies have them.

REV

Atec

Bearcat
Well I am heading down to my lgs . He has a SA TRP stainless in stock PC9107lp and also a PI9140lp SA Target Match stainless 45. I will keep the Ruger on order , but may be buying one of these tonight. I am torn between the TRP and Target Match.

revhigh

Hawkeye
How about a SA Range Officer ?

TRP performance at around $700 (only in parkerized though) .... unless you WANT to spend more !! :D In which case .... enjoy your TRP or Loaded Target Match.

REV

Atec

Bearcat
revhigh said:

TRP performance at around $700 (only in parkerized though) .... unless you WANT to spend more !! :D In which case .... enjoy your TRP or Loaded Target Match.

REV

Really .........Dam I have been reading reviews on all the Sa models all day today. I dont know if the have a RO there. I should be leaving in a few hours. Let me do some quick research on the RO. Thanks

revhigh

Hawkeye
Atec said:
revhigh said:

REV

Really .........Dam I have been reading reviews on all the Sa models all day today. I dont know if the have a RO there. I should be leaving in a few hours. Let me do some quick research on the RO. Thanks

You may not be able to find one .... they are HOT HOT HOT right now.

Good luck and let us know what you do.

REV

Atec

Bearcat
Okay ......... Now i am getting really confused ! What is the reason to have a serrate slide top . Or should I say serrate on the top of the slide? Is there any advantage or disavantage.