Wanna Join a Gun Leather Thread?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
I don't have much gun leather but enjoy what I have and appreciate seeing what others come up with.

Feel free if you wanna share a pic of your favorite or most special gun leather.

Lowbacksb.jpg

Jframeholsters1.jpg

dlhredfoxx

Single-Sixer
NorEaster and Weconway, those are awesome. You guys have quite a talent! Beautiful leather. NorEaster, you could make a liven' doing that!

NorEaster

Blackhawk
Great photo! I like the way that slim jim tapers at the bottom
Wish I had thunk of that when I made mine

williamc

Single-Sixer
Ha! I'm a hack compared to the guys on the leatherworking forum. This was a fun project.

Thanks for the compliment!

countryboy

Single-Sixer
Nice leather fellas!

I have posted these before but here are my favorite personal rigs. My wife does the carving and tooling.

SBH 4 5/8" 44 mag rig. I mainly make concealment holsters and this was my first attempt at a cowboy rig. I must say, it turned out exactly like I wanted.
6srgnl.jpg

Colt Commander, black elephant gear.
2ilqnk.jpg

RH 4" 44 mag. field rig.
2r6dvkh.jpg

Birdshead vaquero 45 acp holster. I made this holster a few weeks ago and it has been my main carry ever since. I love this revolver.
262kvh4.jpg

countryboy

Single-Sixer
NorEaster said:
Sweet! Is elephant hard leather to work with?
It looks fantastic in black

Working with elephant isn't too hard but it's pretty pricey especially if you mess up. I was working on a belt and holster in charcoal elephant today for a customer. It not only looks nice but it also makes a tough and durable rig. I actually work with it quite a bit as well as shark and ostrich leg.