WalMart app & ammo...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Richbaker

Blackhawk
How the heck do you get it to tell you when a shipment is coming in???

Been playing with the dang thing for a 1/2 hr..... can't figure it out. :?

bcam

Bearcat
Count it as a half hour you won't get back. The thing is useless, no matter how much it says is in stock, don't plan on seeing any when you get there.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
i haven't seen 22 ammo other than 22 short at my local walmart for almost a year . I snagged a Winchester 333 pack from a lgs the other day and was putting it in my ammo locker and came across 1 of the 2 Winchester 555 value packs the wife and I picked up at walmart I checked the date I wrote on bottom of box it was 9/28/13 that was the last ive seen any 22 at my local walmart or at the walmart 40 min away I check when we go to visit our son and his family

black029

Single-Sixer
I nearly had a fainting spell last Sunday because I found 22 ammo at one of my local Walmarts. First I'd seen in years.
$11.49 for a 225 box of Remington HPs. Bought 3, that was the imposed limit.

9x19

Hunter
black029 said:
I nearly had a fainting spell last Sunday because I found 22 ammo at one of my local Walmarts. First I'd seen in years.
$11.49 for a 225 box of Remington HPs. Bought 3, that was the imposed limit.

Hoarder!!!

:mrgreen:

Congrats!

I've found the Federal bulk packs several times over the past year... usually when I stop in on the way home from work.

shakyshoot

Bearcat
blume357 said:
So, they start with .... 555 round boxes... drop the packaging down to 333 and now 225?
(should that not be "222"?

They haven't dropped anything. Winchester still has 555's. They also have 333 and 222. Remington has 525 as well as 225 (and 1400) They just seem to be making the smaller ones more available. The only company that has really reduced their packages is CCI. Their Tacticals and Swamp People have gone from 375 to 300.

The Walmart app can help you find ammo, just don't expect to wander in at noon on Saturday and buy it because the app says it's there. Most of them put out at 7AM. If the app changes from "out of stock" to "availability unknown" late at night, you need to be there before 7:00 to get it. It's not perfect, but it's not useless either. Too much effort for me. I buy all I want online for 5 to 8 cents around.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
The ammo scalpers at my local Walmart told me that only the Winchester ammo shows up as in stock on the app or online. Since our Wallyworld changed the ammo policy to stocking at random times throughout the day instead of 7.30 am the scalpers quit.

Latest posts