Veteran's Day 2018

Help Support Ruger Forum:

aimtrue

Bearcat
My wife and I extend our appreciation and gratitude to those who served our country in the armed forces. We sincerely thank you for your service.

Both of us proudly served in the navy before, during and after the Korean War.

We cherish memories of our brothers and sisters in arms.

May God grant all who served his bountiful blessings.

graygun

Hunter
A friend's father was in the Navy from 53-73...a 'bubble head' (submarine vet).

Happy Veterans Day to all.

Army 68-71
32E20

Enigma

Hunter
Wishing all of my brothers-and-sisters-in-arms, past, present, and future, a happy Veteran's Day! Let us never forge those who either did not come home, or who came home broken. May God ease their suffering.

ranger1

Buckeye
gunman42782 said:
Thanks to all who have served.

veterans-images8.jpg

Enigma said:
Wishing all of my brothers-and-sisters-in-arms, past, present, and future, a happy Veteran's Day! Let us never forge those who either did not come home, or who came home broken. May God ease their suffering.
I must echo these exact sentiments. I was one to the lucky ones that never went in harms way. Many were not that fortunate.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I was at a big trap shoot yesterday, 11-11-2018--the centennial Veteran's Day, not today's holiday--and was walking down the line to see if anybody I knew was around yet. A fellow was sitting in his chair watching the world go by, wearing an Army hat that said 1st Infantry Div with the black letter version of the "Big Red One" shoulder patch on one side and a copy of the Viet Nam service ribbon on the other. I stopped to share Veteran's Day greetings with him, give him my thanks and listen to a couple of stories.

We'd gone back thru the wars of the last century, Viet Nam, Korea, WWII and just started talking about WWI. For some reason, I looked at my watch right as we'd changed to that subject. It said 11:11 a.m.! We both paused for a moment, and I wonder, was that just serendipity? I like to think not...

Rick C

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
Mom, USMC, WWII, El Centro CA
Dad, USMC, WWII, South Pacific, El Centro CA
Uncle Morgan, USMC, WWII, Okinawa, KIA
Uncle Basil, Navy, WWII on the ship the, Ward, Pearl Harbor, when the Japanese attacked
Uncle Bud, Army, WWII Guadal Canal
Uncle Ernie, Army, WWII, Africa and Italy
Uncle Joe, Merchant Marines, WWII
Uncle Jim, Army, WWII, Germany
Cousin Joe, USMC, Vietnam 1970-1971
Sister, Julie, Civilian Employee 93 rd EVAC Hospital, Long Bin, Vietnam, 1969-1970

Thank You all for your valuable service.

SAJohn

Hunter
I once did a genealogy search of my ancestors, keying in on military service and was surprised to find that we did not miss participating in any conflict from the French Indian War to Vietnam. Also strange was that none of us made military service a career.

John

blackhawknj

Buckeye
I put on my WWI gear, went to an event in nearby Princeton, NJ in the house built by Woodrow Wilson in 1896. And President Wilson was there.
With two ladies I toasted the memory of Frank Buckles. And my paternal grandfather whom I never met.
He was a Marine, served 1896-1902, my mother heard he was in the Boxer Rebellion.

Latest posts