Value Question - Single Six Colorado Commemorative Unfired

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pingman274

Bearcat
A question for the members - I ran across an unfired Single Six blued Colorado Centennial Commemorative edition with both cylinders and presentation box. Seems to be in perfect condition. Would anyone have thoughts on a current value for this package? I haven't run into this model in my area before.

To get the 'top dollar' it has to also include the shipping box ( what the gun itself came in) as well as the presentation case...see quite a few of them around, NOT "complete"........

pingman274

Bearcat
Thanks guys, I'm not sure I can get the seller to get below $525 with the presentation case ( no shipping box). I would also have to have the gun shipped and pay a transfer fee. I'd likely have about $575 in it, so maybe not a great deal.

Thanks for all the opinions.

hittman

Staff member
To each their own but ...... if I had $500 to $600 to "speculate" with, it would not be a new model or any commemorative / special edition / collectors model / anniversary, etc. It'd go into something already old.

radicalrod

Hunter
hittman said:
To each their own but ...... if I had $500 to $600 to "speculate" with, it would not be a new model or any commemorative / special edition / collectors model / anniversary, etc. It'd go into something already old.

So that must mean you are going to buy me a "PRESENT"......as I am already old :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK I do know what you are saying just trying to get a freebie :idea: :idea: :idea:

Well what does a new plain jane NM 22 cost....most likely more than this....just a thought...RR.

pingman274

Bearcat
Well, due to travel schedules, I couldn't get back to try and negotiate. If anyone is interested, it's in a small outdoor shop in downtown Williams, AZ.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
hittman said:

Sir,
You better study your New Models!!! Just saying,,,,,,, :wink: I too love the Old Models but I'm not blind to the fact that NM's ARE very collectible!
Terry

My personal observation, for whatever it's worth, is that "special" versions like this one would have appeal to those who go for all the other "special" guns such as the America Remembers "collectible" 1911 guns and such . . . in other words, "specials" as a separate genre of collecting. Also, those who have a connection to the gun in question, such as Colorado residents, might find this interesting. Pricing in these instances would be established among those particular collecting communities.

True Rugerphiles who are after "one of each" would likely include this one in the Single-Six sub-set of their accumulation, and would more likely subscribe to the RENE valuation and its relation to condition and completeness as indicated above. While this particular piece is "just a New Model" it is certainly a unique offering for those so inclined, with "special consideration" given to value.

Different strokes, etc.

;) ;) ;)

krw

Blackhawk
I think GunBroker auction #419071868 will answer this question. As nice of complete pkg as I have seen and at a No Reserve auction. Add shipping and FFL transfer fees to final cost. NDIH on this auction. krw

must remember the 'downside' to ANY auction is once the FIRST one sells and they just MAY get top dollar, even big bucks, the next ones up for auction for the MOST part fail to live up to expectations, and are the hard sell.all of the Colorado Cent/US Bi-cent, we've ever sold ,NEVER got over $500 ,tops for "perfect" with all the bells and whistles ( except the shipper for the presentation case, other than the two piece cardboard wrapper, which was NOT the shipper) do not recall ever seeing that shipper........

krw

Blackhawk
One on GB sold for $406.01 plus $30 shipping plus whatever your FFL chgs for a transfer. I have never seen one of these bring a premium. Not a good investment. krw