Value of a 1971 Ruger Single Six Convertible (22lr/WMR)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Need help again.

What's a good price for a 1971 Ruger Single Six Convertible (3-screw). I'd give it an 85% condition. It has the felt bag for the extra cylinder but that's it. No box, papers, etc.

The guy wants $340.

Also, does anybody know what type of box it came in? Was it the red/black 2-piece box or the 1-piece yellow/black box?

Thx.

contender

Ruger Guru
If it's an honest NRA grading of 85% then I'd say that his price is too high. And the box would be a 2 piece red & black one.

DGW1949

Hunter
Single Six or Super Single Six?
Barrel length?
Has it had the "safety conversion" done?

All of that matters as to value.

DGW

1971 .22 convertible, being an "old model", would be the black/red end, two piece box with whatever appropriate end label for the guns' configuration..........
price is about right at the top end, around here they go $300-350 depending on TRUE overall condition, then add on any "extras"...........it's when you have to add on 'tax', transfers, shipping, it can get out of hand.... :wink:

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
I'm in Vegas. So is the guy who's selling the Single Six. He wants to sell it locally, so there wouldn't be any add on costs like tax, transfers, shipping, etc.

From what I can tell from the pic, it has an adjustable rear sight. So that would make it a Super Single Six.

Also, from the pic I would guess the barrel length to be 5 1/2.

When it comes to the condition, I just threw out the 85% number. Maybe someone could correct me on that.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/8471315/las-vegas-nevada-rifles-for-sale--rugers-for-sale

He said he has the red felt bag for the extra magnum cylinder, but not the box.

I'll check on the safety conversion.

contender

Ruger Guru
From what I see in the single picture,,, I'd rate the gun better than 85%.
And, from what I see,,, it's a fair price for a Super Single-Six in that condition. But,,, I'd offer $300 & try hard to hold at that price.

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Just found out that it has not had the safety conversion done on it. So that's original (4 clicks).

Is this the box?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RUGER-SINGLE-SIX-OLD-STYLE-BOX-SKU-RSSM-TWO-PIECE-W-MANUAL/223008140062?hash=item33ec522b1e:g:TwYAAOSw3pZbGHNX

And, since it's a convertible, what should the end label say?

street

Hunter
lvtwentytwo said:
Just found out that it has not had the safety conversion done on it. So that's original (4 clicks).

Is this the box?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RUGER-SINGLE-SIX-OLD-STYLE-BOX-SKU-RSSM-TWO-PIECE-W-MANUAL/223008140062?hash=item33ec522b1e:g:TwYAAOSw3pZbGHNX

And, since it's a convertible, what should the end label say?
No. That box is for a 6 1/2 in Single-Six. Not a Super Single-Six Cat. #SC5, that you need.

As far as the single cylinder boxes and the convertible boxes for the Single-Six. They will be the same. Only the Shipping box will tell if it is a convertible or single cylinder gun. Now for the exception!!!! As Ruger made so few 4 5/8 in. Single-Sixes they only made a short run of those boxes. Later on when they need boxes they took a 5 1/2 in box and pasted a label over the 5 1/2 in writing and that label had RSS4X on the label. The X stands for the extra cylinder, a convertible. As far as I know this is the only time that the label on the box shows that it is a convertible.

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Okay, does anybody have a pic of what a Super Single-Six Cat. #sc5 box looks like? Is it the 1-piece yellow one then?