Value of a 180-series Mini-14 with wood handguards?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WFRII

Bearcat
Saw one in excellent condition today.
Serial number is 180-683##.
Has the wood handguard and the flat sling swivels.
Also, the bolt release parts were "exposed" on the left side of the receiver. I may not be saying this right but that's the 1st one I've ever seen like that. All the ones I ever owned had a button on the top you depressed to release the bolt.
Even the stock felt a little different from the ones I've owned. Very bblocky under the forend and seems to swoop up more from where you would insert the magazine.
The barrel had "grooves" machining marks all the way down the barrel.
What's one of these worth in 95% condition?
Thanks!
WFR

sebtool

Blackhawk
In excellent condition? Probably a decent price. Had 1 on here awhile back for $450, IIRC. Had some wear and use to it.

Don't see the 180s too often, got 1 myself, and it's a good shooter. A lot more accurate than some of the newer 1s seem to be, going off what people post on here.

Good luck! if you pick it up I want to see a range report and some pics! :D

chet15

Hawkeye
The gun you saw should have also had the Liberty rollmark on the receiver. In the condition you describe though, probably wouldn't add much of a premium.
Chet15

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I've seen the Liberty rollmark on at least one gun made in 1977 per Ruger's website serial numbers.

Mine all shoot flawlessly and pretty accurate for the record. Note on the 180-series - I've had an owner of an AC556 offer me a couple hundred just for the lockwork.