Value Nazi P35 Hi-power

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have the opportunity to acquire a WWII Nazi marked FN P35. SN range 190,xxx. Most of the finish is gon and the grips are replacements. All numbers match and functions and shoots flawlessly. Asking price $600+8% sales tax. Opinions??

Dave :D

Bearcat

Blackhawk
Probably $500 to $600 is the market price. The lack of finish really hurts the price on this one...But it would make an interesting shooter, I'm sure. How many magazines come with it??

BearStopper

Blackhawk
Sounds reasonable to me considering. I know nothing about them but I would guess one with better finish would exponentially increase in price. Since you wanna shoot it instead of look at it, why not. I just picked up a 1903 Colt Pocket Hammer and paid close to 600.00 for it prices can be subjective on these due to variables but if it trips your trigger go for it. I would pay that for it as i couldn't see you losing on it.

If you're buying it partly for it's WWII provenance, make sure that it is a real German-issued gun. I'd look up some of the Hi-Power collectors sites and verify it by serial number unless you have a reliable online or book reference that does that.

Those "waffenampt" Nazi acceptance stamps are showing up on all kinds of guns that were never accepted by the German military--apparently some of the original stamps themselves are loose on the surplus gun trade. Not surprising considering how many sources the Germans had for guns and parts by 1945.