Trying some of the "artistic" tips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Capn27

Single-Sixer
Occasionally I read tips from you guys on getting artistic gun photos. I tried to get one of the Hawkeye yesterday because of the muted sunlight.

2012-07-14_11-06-08_640.jpg

That's an old stump out in the front flower garden at home.

Bkat

Blackhawk
Beautiful photo, Cap. Does the Hawkeye really look as great as the picture?

Since Hank refuses to give me one of his, can I have that one?

Bkat

Capn27

Single-Sixer
Bkat said:

Bkat

Bkat ......

Thank you! BTW, the camera was the Motorola razr cell phone cam - hand held. Someone should market a tripod adapter.

Yes.

No. :wink:

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
Capn27 said:
Bkat said:

Bkat

Bkat ......

Thank you! BTW, the camera was the Motorola razr cell phone cam - hand held. Someone should market a tripod adapter.

Yes.

No. :wink:

I get funny looks from people using a little tripod with my iPhone, but hey, it takes pretty good pics. And using an HDR app with a tripod, works eve nbetter.

A slightly different angle could help cut down on the shine from the hammer. But otherwise, nice pic. Pretty sweet pistol as well.

Capn27

Single-Sixer
HDR app? Please elucidate. Also, is the tripod attached to your iPhone with a clamping adaptor?

Thanks.

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
Capn27 said:
HDR app? Please elucidate. Also, is the tripod attached to your iPhone with a clamping adaptor?

Thanks.

I shoot with a guy who has the one from the photo mojo or whatever site that the phone just slips into, uses a standard 1/4-20 tripod screw attachment.

I use a Joby Gorillapod thing. It has a bumper type case that the phone goes into and then attaches to the flexible arm tripod.

I have a couple HDR apps that take a couple different photos at different exposures and merges them together in a tone mapped image with a higher dynamic range.