thoughts on ky gun co?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sousana

Single-Sixer
Here's the thing, on 3/15/2014 I found on ky gun company site a ruger blackhawk flattop in sts 45 colt/45acp and I placed my order. They say 5-7 business days. Come 3-28 and no word from them so I call and the guy says he'll look into it and call me back.

On 4/4/2014, after waiting for said call back, I call again and talk to a lady who says it was placed on warehouse pickup, now, I'm in virginia and they in ky. She'll investigate and call me back,which she did, and sadly ingforms me the gun id ordered was either not in stock or sold to a favored customer who wanted it, but how could it have been placed for in store pickup if it wasn't in stock?

She says I can place another different order at a discount, so I did, but apparently they seem to have forgotten the discount because I was billed full price plus 20 for credit card.

Finally, seven days shy of a month after order, usps shows a pickup of my item, but as yet no comment about discounting the cc fee.

I had been planning to place my entire gun order later this month to begin SASS & 3 gun;

1. 2 sts ruger 4.62" new vaqueros in 45 colt $1092 sass cons serial
2. Uberti lever action 45 colt $949
3. Stoeger coach gun $450
4. Colt socom 5.56 $1504
5. Mossberg 590 $475
6. Springfield m1a1 $1800 for personal use.

I guess this order will be filled by budsgunshop.com instead.

What say you all?

tigerbat7

Bearcat
i have had problems with a lot of dealers (buds) included ! i have ordered several guns from kygunco and have had very few problems with them, but with that said i can say they have solved those problems very fast ! i will say to do what i have is give them a call and ask to talk to the owner (Patrick) just tell the sales people you want to talk to him (works for me every time) and normally problems solved ! hope this helps.

sousana

Single-Sixer
I got the 1911 ruger commander today, but still no contact from kygunco so I'm simply going to take my business elsewhere, I'm also going to inform all the local shooters about this company as well as the cwp students in my classes. Buds has been good to me over the years, but these people had the only sts flattop dual cal anywhere.

Latest posts