The Mighty Pacer Ready to fly

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Thanks Guys.
Don the range with the 150HP engine and 36 Gal of gas isn't all that great. Say 130MPH at 8GPH with some reserve would be around 500 miles. In reality you would probably land after
2 1/2/3 Hrs. due to tired butt or full bladder :wink: That is why we have so many airports in the U.S. :D
Yea the Tri-Pacer (flying milk stool) never did much for me either. But they do perform at a low price.

Beautiful plane, Jim. The Tripacer was known as the flying brick around Chattanooga, back in the 70's when I was flying. I prefer the Pacer for looks, and practicality.
gramps

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
My Dad has a Piper Pacer when I was a kid. I forget what his plane's number was. I'll have to look it up.

Great memories brought back by your photos! Wonderful! Let us know how it flies!

steveodtw said:
Reminds me of the Piper Colt I did 10 hrs. in back in the 60s. Colt was tricycle gear. Any other significant differences? Very nice job. What vintage is that old gal?

Steve.
The Mighty Pacer was built in 1952. The Colt was two place with a 108HP engine. I had a Colt for a very shot time in 1974. Nice plane and a lot were used for trainers.
The Pacer has a 150 HP engine and is four place. Well that is four place skinny folks. :D

Son and Grandson flew it for the fist time in 3 years a couple of weeks ago. I have flown it a couple of hours so far and it flies great.

Thanks for the compliments Guys

Thanks, Jim for clarifying that. I didn't even notice the rear seating on the Pacer. I remember the Colt seating was pretty cozy. Had an opportunity back then to fly in an L-4 while in the Civil Air Patrol. Couldn't get in the passenger seat of that thing. Or, if I did, they would have to cut me out. That's the extent of my flight experience in light aircraft, but I still recall it fondly. Enjoy!!