Talk me into buying a 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Frank in GA.

Bearcat
This is too easy...Because you don't have a "Magazine Fed" .22! Tube fed guns are not magazine fed guns and Zombies won't wait till you refill the tubes. Spare magazines loaded and ready to go are a must.

xtratoy

Buckeye
Until you are with a group of friends who have 10-22's and are shooting at frangible targets you won't be able to appreciate the semi-automatic advantage. A 10-22 versus a single shot shooting at clay pigeons at 50 yards leaves the single shot shooter with few targets to shoot at. Plan to invest in a trigger job unless you like a rifle you can hang by the trigger without it firing.

Dan in MI

Staff member
If, after doing minimal research, you need to be talked into a 10-22 then it is surprising that you have guns at all.

Now if you want one, but just can't swing it because other guns are first in line, I can see your point. That was me for years.

wingman

Single-Sixer
Does your wife keep track of your guns? If not, don't tell your wife you bought a 10/22, she probably won't notice. :roll:

cvctiger

Bearcat
I am a rookie shooter. I have yet to shoot any of my new purchases I bought a 10/22 Carbine Stainless yesterday and awaiting my 10 day period and I have yet to fire my Ruger SR9 which I bought a couple weeks back. I have shot my friends' guns and figured for affordable fun those were to 2 guns to get. With my friend's advice I have bought the 10/22 because of tons of aftermarket support for it and I have all ready plopped down an extra couple hundred bucks on top for a scope, 1 piece scope mount, and a recoil buffer. Good for cheap fun and accepted at MOST if not all ranges. I am looking forward to shooting the 10/22 soon.

CraigC

Hawkeye
cvctiger said:
I bought a 10/22 Carbine Stainless yesterday.....and I have all ready plopped down an extra couple hundred bucks on top for a scope, 1 piece scope mount, and a recoil buffer.
That's how it starts, you're screwed! :mrgreen:

cvctiger

Bearcat
CraigC said:
cvctiger said:
I bought a 10/22 Carbine Stainless yesterday.....and I have all ready plopped down an extra couple hundred bucks on top for a scope, 1 piece scope mount, and a recoil buffer.
That's how it starts, you're screwed! :mrgreen:

Tell me about it............I am also looking at a Ruger Rimfire 22 series pistol since my friend has one and it was fun to just shoot that.

cvctiger

Bearcat
Do we need a support group?........Oh wait!............We are in one.....but it should be called RugerAddicts.com not rugerforum.com :mrgreen:

cbass

Single-Sixer
Dan in MI said:
Now if you want one, but just can't swing it because other guns are first in line, I can see your point. That was me for years.

^this. I'm trying to decide if I should move this gun to the top of my list.

Kai

Bearcat
What a fun gun to shoot!
My wife and I are new to shooting and decided to start with a Ruger 10/22. We bought the stainless steel/Navy digi-camo model as it was lighter than the others in stock and my wife said it felt great...can't argue with that.
I added a modest scope to it.
We now go shooting at the local range at least once a week and have gone through 600+ rounds.
She can clear a jam/as can I, reload the magazine easily and hit the bulls eye at 100 yds 4 out of 10 times. We are having a great time and have made some casual friends at the range as well.

The 10/22 is an awesome gun. Easy to use and clean and inexpensive. A great gun for the money.

We've learned to clear a jam not because the gun jammed but to learn how in case. The gun has never jammed thus far.

cvctiger

Bearcat
Kai said:
What a fun gun to shoot!
My wife and I are new to shooting and decided to start with a Ruger 10/22. We bought the stainless steel/Navy digi-camo model as it was lighter than the others in stock and my wife said it felt great...can't argue with that.
I added a modest scope to it.
We now go shooting at the local range at least once a week and have gone through 600+ rounds.
She can clear a jam/as can I, reload the magazine easily and hit the bulls eye at 100 yds 4 out of 10 times. We are having a great time and have made some casual friends at the range as well.

The 10/22 is an awesome gun. Easy to use and clean and inexpensive. A great gun for the money.

We've learned to clear a jam not because the gun jammed but to learn how in case. The gun has never jammed thus far.

Welcome Kai to the Ruger forum...glad there is a newbie shooter like me. Have yet to get the 10/22 in hand I will have it come Labor Day. Will be shooting it the following weekend after that along with attaching accessories. I am so looking forward to it.

41 Magnum

Single-Sixer
As Pennsylvania has a no-semi automatic firearms rule for hunting weapons, except for shotguns, I just can't get to buying one either. I have my MkII's & MkIII's, & they suffice for the semi-auto bug for me. I've been thinking seriously about trying to find a pump action .22 though !!

Chuckfish

Single-Sixer
DDubya said:
Leave it stock? Whaahaaahooheeehaaaaa. That'll never happen.

I beg to differ with you...I own 2 10/22's and both remain unaltered. The bicenntenial rifle does have a scope only because I bought it that way used. The other rifle is bone stock and has had many 100's of rounds thru it. Both are great squirrl,rabbit,varmit,and range guns. I have never seen a reason to modify either one...If it ain't broke,don't fix it.IMHO :lol:

Taterman

Buckeye
gasbag said:
If you don't buy a 10/22 your wife will leave you, your dog will leave you.
If you don't have a dog your neighbors dog will leave him.
Your truck will break down. Don't have a truck? What the heck is wrong with you? Man up.
It will snow in September, locusts will invade your master bathroom and.............AND......
Obama will be re-elected and anoint himself king by executive order.

Now go buy the darn thing.

I don't mean to bump up an old thread, but you sir are way ahead of your time. Maybe psychic too.

1RugerFan_33

Single-Sixer
As I said recently in another post:

You just can't have enough. :wink:

Just found another...to put in an empty stock, had for years.

Yes, I am sick. And that's ok.

Next question? :p

Latest posts