SR9c walking pin

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jeffegg2

Bearcat
Just checked mine, and sure enough it had started to walk. Something to keep an eye on.

http://elsiepeaforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=14071.0

Verndog

Blackhawk
jeffegg2 said:
Just checked mine, and sure enough it had started to walk. Something to keep an eye on.

http://elsiepeaforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=14071.0

Several people have seen it here as well. Mine moved a little, and 1 drop of superglue on either side of pin after putting back on center stopped it from moving again.

flkent

Bearcat
If that's the pin next to the mag release on the SR9c, mine moved out to the right a little after about 250 rounds. I'll keep an eye on it and add a little superglue if it continues to move.

Tym2getbizeee

Bearcat
Yeah I sent mine out to Ruger and I think they put a thicker pin in but it didn't help. I just push it back in. If u look at almost any YouTube video review you'll notice that the pin is never in the correct position. Still a helluva gun.

Verndog

Blackhawk
jeffegg2 said:
I think I'll try a bit of blue locktite before gluing my pins in!

That may work as well. The superglue just pops out when you tap it with a punch so either / or will not hurt disassembly.

rkersh409

Bearcat
Just went and checked mine and it has moved as well. DId not even notice it. Thanks for the heads up.

jhearne

Buckeye
The pins can walk and will especially if you've removed it once already. Super-Glue or some other adhesive will do good as long as you don't get any of it on the pivot point of the Magazine Latch. It could make the Magazine Button seem a little stickier.

Josh

jeffegg2

Bearcat
Well the pin started walking again. Today I used the pin punch to move it until it was sticking out about 3/8, put a dab of blue locktite on the pin, and into the hole on the other side. Then tapped the pin back into place.

We'll see if that holds it...

A

Anonymous

I used some loctite on mine after the problem began and it hasn't budged since in over 300 rounds.

john16443

Single-Sixer
I have this same issue on my SR9, just push it back in. I'll put a touch of locktite on it tonight before putting it away.

edteach

Bearcat
I had the pin closest to the take down pin keep walking out. I had to send it back to Ruger for repair. I tried putting red loc tite on it and it helped but still walked out about 1/8 inch after 50 rounds. Ruger sent me a prepaid label over night but I hope its not going to be over two weeks. The Ruger rep said about two weeks but you never can tell. Its not a hard fix and I almost did not send it back and just was going to live with it, but Ruger is supposed to be a premier company and I should not have to live with it. I hope they fix it and it would be nice if they threw in a Ruger hat for my trouble.

jeffegg2

Bearcat
jeffegg2 said:
Well the pin started walking again. Today I used the pin punch to move it until it was sticking out about 3/8, put a dab of blue locktite on the pin, and into the hole on the other side. Then tapped the pin back into place.

We'll see if that holds it...

It's been a month now, no sign of walking... It is right in the center where
I put it last.

edteach

Bearcat
I am a bit dissapointed that we have to fool with it. Ruger has a good name and it seems that we should not have to play with pins. The cam block is not something that has to be removed all the time or almost ever, so why not have heads to the pins under the flat part of the take down pin.

jeffegg2

Bearcat
edteach said:
I am a bit dissapointed that we have to fool with it. Ruger has a good name and it seems that we should not have to play with pins. The cam block is not something that has to be removed all the time or almost ever, so why not have heads to the pins under the flat part of the take down pin.

If this is the worse that ever happens with this gun, I will be satisfied with what Ruger has made.

edteach

Bearcat
Thats like saying that if one crack appears in the fuselage of my 747 you will be fine with Boeing.

Verndog

Blackhawk
edteach said:
Thats like saying that if one crack appears in the fuselage of my 747 you will be fine with Boeing.

Ya....because 400 lives are at risk because your pin moved .030. :roll:

jeffegg2 said:
If this is the worse that ever happens with this gun, I will be satisfied with what Ruger has made.

Mine has walked also. But as much as I love my gun, it far from bothers me in the slightest..What type of loc-tite are people using? Blue? Green?

jeffegg2

Bearcat
TwistedCreations said:
jeffegg2 said:

Mine has walked also. But as much as I love my gun, it far from bothers me in the slightest..What type of loc-tite are people using? Blue? Green?

Used the blue here.

jeffegg2

Bearcat
edteach said:

The crack appearing was not the problem as that is normal wear. The problem
was with them using south american "maintenance" to do checks that we
used to do in the USA, but the airlines want to "save money".