SR9 Recommended Ammunition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ITSANSS

Bearcat
Scott, very good point. Something I definitely need to look into. I kinda' wondered about them being imited in range and accuracy due to their shape, but I've seen several posts (not particularly on this website) about people using them and I also didn't think of it being something I needed to test out for myself. Thanks for the heads-up.

After I posted last, I saw that on this website under attachments and accessories, that there is a link and everything about the Viridian laser. Turns out, I qualify to get it half off! So, I will more than likely order that this week or weekend. Looks too cool on some of the YouTube videos I saw of its demonstration. :D My friend has a red laser for his Beretta and several family members have red lasers on some of their pistols, so I will certainly be the talk of the town with a green one. :p

Thanks

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
ITSANSS":osrvw1fj said:
Thanks so much for all the replies!

Each comment makes me love this gun more and more, and I've only shot 50 rounds through it!!!

Have ya'll seen the Viridian laser sight for this gun? I think I'm in love with that, too. lol I'm really considering getting one.

I'm thinking I will buy a case of Winchester 115 grain 9mm rounds for shooting for practice and fun and a box of Winchester Super X 147 grain 9mm hollow point rounds for defense.

Thanks, guys!

Good choices 8)
As far the Viridian its a great deal to new Ruger owners at half price :shock:
If i was a fan of such i'd have grabbed one :wink:

ITSANSS

Bearcat
Wow. I can't find the hollow points ANYWHERE! No one has them in stock! And a bunch won't even backorder!

Any secret hiding places ya'll know of where to get them? Just want a box of 50....

Thanks

flyers76

Bearcat
ITSANSS":7wtgax0o said:
Wow. I can't find the hollow points ANYWHERE! No one has them in stock! And a bunch won't even backorder!

Any secret hiding places ya'll know of where to get them? Just want a box of 50....

Thanks

Natchez Shooters Supply usually carries some hollow point, though they may not have Winchester in stock...I personally prefer Cor-Bon 115g +P which you can order online from Dakota Ammo...have shot a box through my SR9 already with no problem.

sp1history

Bearcat
just got my viridian laser today, it looks very nice and the green laser is reallllly bright. i wont get a chance to test it at the range until later but i think it is worth the money when you consider the half off special, thats the only reason i bought to tell the truth, but glad i did. Also it has a one year warrenty and it will take 2 weeks to ship. comes with a battery, two adjustment wrenches and some sort of locking clip if you are going to holster it with the laser attached, and last but not least a really lame infomercial dvd that is just plain bad haha !!!

chupa88

Bearcat
bigfanofsr9":3brqnw0p said:
I've shot Winchester WB and LOTS of Federal from Walmart at under $10 a box. Almost 1000 rounds total, and not a single problem.

$10/box? where do you live? I'm getting $15/box of Remington at Dick's Sporting Goods in Boston!

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
chupa88":eaq6i3fd said:
bigfanofsr9":eaq6i3fd said:
I've shot Winchester WB and LOTS of Federal from Walmart at under $10 a box. Almost 1000 rounds total, and not a single problem.

$10/box? where do you live? I'm getting $15/box of Remington at Dick's Sporting Goods in Boston!

$10 a box would nice :roll:
Aint seen that in quite a while :cry:

ITSANSS

Bearcat
sp1history":1cbi4we4 said:
just got my viridian laser today, it looks very nice and the green laser is reallllly bright. i wont get a chance to test it at the range until later but i think it is worth the money when you consider the half off special, thats the only reason i bought to tell the truth, but glad i did. Also it has a one year warrenty and it will take 2 weeks to ship. comes with a battery, two adjustment wrenches and some sort of locking clip if you are going to holster it with the laser attached, and last but not least a really lame infomercial dvd that is just plain bad haha !!!

Fiiiinnnaaallly got my laser sight in today. I haven't been able to put it down! It's really neat, and really bright. It'll be who knows when when I get to sight it in, but I can hardly wait! I plugged in the DVD not really sure what it was and, yes, it was that lame infomercial for it. I had already watched it on YouTube several weeks ago. It's not terrible, I don't think. It has some good stuff that answered some of my questions back before I ordered it, but it undoubtedly has an unexplainable lameness about it. lol Anyhow, the laser seems to be a really nice quality and, I think, worth $150. I don't think I would have paid $300 for it. I would pay $200 maximum if it was the laser sight and tactical light combination (which also looks way cool and I woulda' got it if they had the half off deal for it. hehe). :)

By the way, I talked to a guy that I work with that has numerous guns and he buys his ammunition from a local pawn shop that specializes in guns and ammo., so I may give that a try. My hollow points are still six weeks away and my target ammo. is still six months away from Midway USA. lol

Ruger Nut10

Single-Sixer
My SR9c eats everything (Monarch steal, WW ,Blazer, Federal even Herters steel) and is holding Hornady HP's for SD loads now. Try "Sporstman's Guide" on line for ammo. They seem to have stock of something all the time. And the shipping is fast. Not one failure to feed or fire.