SR9 Problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

usdabeef

Bearcat
Hi all,

Well, I finally got my gun shipped here from BudsGunshop and I just got back from the store I am having it transfered to. They sent me a 330-80xxxx version, instead of the 331-XXXXX version I requested repeatedly.

Should I just take the version I have. Or should I go through waiting another few weeks of sending gun back & getting another one(if they even have it). Then wait another 10 days when the new one arrives.

I"m wearing thin & just want my SR9 in my hands. If I accept this gun, I can have it by X-mas. If I don't, and want the 331 version, I will prolly be getting it mid jan.

Question: Is the 331 worth the hold out, or should I just take the version I have?

usda

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Although I have a 330-xxxx and don't have problems with it, if you requested a 331 and were told you were getting a 331, you should expect a 331 and not accept anything else. There are lots of people selling these pistols, find another seller if you can't get any joy out of these guys.

If you can't have it for Xmas, unless it's for a pressing need, hey, that's OK. Buy yourself something to accessorize the gun for Xmas and savor the anticipation for a couple of weeks, it'll be worth it. :)

NixieTube

Blackhawk
PapaG said:
What is the problem with the 330-xxxx SR9's?

As far as I can tell from my own pistol, not much. Mine is a 1.1 post-recall (330-late), not a 1.2 (331-forward). The 1.2s had a different trigger group, IIRC. I've got more than 1500 rounds through my earlier pistol without any problems.

I've never worried about the trigger. I dry fired the gun about 150 times, cleaned it up, and then stopped thinking about it. It doesn't stack or pull any worse than a Glock's, it's all technique. If you pull a 1.1 trigger at glacial speed you'll feel some stacking. If you know how to grip the gun and squeeze the trigger with a solid grip in a single concerted motion you basically will never notice the difference.

Unless you are using the pistol for competition purposes. In which case you have a real bargain on your hands.

usdabeef

Bearcat
thanks for the info guys. it's a tough decision. I hope there is someone out there that has experience with both guns & can tell me if it makes a difference or not? or what they would do if they had a choice between the 2.

thanks

usda

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I have a first run SR9 that I bought 3 years ago.
I was lucky I guess in that after the trigger safety recall, my gun came back to me with a fairly decent trigger.
I have shot other older model SR9's and the newer ones and also the SR9c. All that being said I think the improvements found on the newer models are worth it, so if I were you I would not accept that older gun.
The mag release in itself, I feel, is a big improvement over the older rotating one. The triggers are a little lighter on the newer ones but the biggest thing is they seem smoother to me.
So no, I would much rather have the newer model.

jhearne

Buckeye
Although my first gen SR9 hasn't had any issues, I'd still say wait out for the 331. You were understanding that you ordered one, and they're shipping a 330. Make'em fix the problem, hope you enjoy your SR9.

Josh

usdabeef

Bearcat
Cheesewhiz said:
I have a first run SR9 that I bought 3 years ago.
I was lucky I guess in that after the trigger safety recall, my gun came back to me with a fairly decent trigger.
I have shot other older model SR9's and the newer ones and also the SR9c. All that being said I think the improvements found on the newer models are worth it, so if I were you I would not accept that older gun.
The mag release in itself, I feel, is a big improvement over the older rotating one. The triggers are a little lighter on the newer nes but the biggest thing is they seem smoother to me.
So no, I would much rather have the newer model.

thank you for your info, i've decided to contact them and make sure they send me the right one. I'm not going to sound displeased with what has happened. I'm hoping they made an honest mistake. I know it's busy in the holidays. But, I also hope they aren't screwing me, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions.

thanks a lot, i just want my SR9 already! haha, i'll just be patient and know it will be here sooner or later & i'll be sleeping with it like TackleBerry from Police Academy, HAHA

usda

usdabeef

Bearcat
jhearne said:
Although my first gen SR9 hasn't had any issues, I'd still say wait out for the 331. You were understanding that you ordered one, and they're shipping a 330. Make'em fix the problem, hope you enjoy your SR9.

Josh

thanks bro. that's the info I wanted to hear. I'm going to hope they fix the problem. It was a major-buzz-kill that I showed up to the FFL and had "my gun" in hand, but upon inspection it wasn't what I ordered, or what said they were sending me. Sucky feeling.

thanks for support & I will be keeping you all posted on the 331 version & if I can get it. a side note: I chose an online seller because my local shops all had the 330 :/

usda

rugerfan100

Single-Sixer
It does not matter which one you take...if there is a problem with it in any shape or form...Ruger will stand by any one of their guns and make it right. You have nothing to sweat over...ever..with a Ruger.

Gun Fan 70

Single-Sixer
rugerfan100 said:
It does not matter which one you take...if there is a problem with it in any shape or form...Ruger will stand by any one of their guns and make it right. You have nothing to sweat over...ever..with a Ruger.

A BIG +1

michael hacker

Bearcat
Yes, definately, I have had ALL the SR9 iterations, and the latest one has a far superior trigger and mag release mechanism.

-Michael
www.michaelhacker.com

Latest posts