SR45!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mr25-06

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
This gun should hold at least 12+1 or 13+1 if judging by comperable models (Glock 21/Springfield XD/S&W M&P)

The Glock has a much wider grip and I am "guessing" that like mentioned by a previous post, the rounds are not staggered quite as much in the Ruger, so that they can fit in mag and grip housing. 10 rounds will be a perfect balance in this size pistol I think.

Think about it, a 1911 gives you a thinner grip, single stack mag and 7-8 rounds....a Glock gives you a big fat grip, double-stack mags and 13 rounds, and the Ruger grip will fit right in between, as will the mag capacity.

Jon

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
Bruiser said:
I was really hoping for a "c" version. Looks like I may end up having to get an XDm or XDs.

Did the 9c and the 40c come out at the same time as its "big brother"?

"c" versions of the SR9 and SR40 were released months after the Service sized handguns. I would expect a SR45c somewhere between Shot and July.

Charlie

Armybrat

Buckeye
Mr25-06 said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
This gun should hold at least 12+1 or 13+1 if judging by comperable models (Glock 21/Springfield XD/S&W M&P)

The Glock has a much wider grip and I am "guessing" that like mentioned by a previous post, the rounds are not staggered quite as much in the Ruger, so that they can fit in mag and grip housing. 10 rounds will be a perfect balance in this size pistol I think.

Think about it, a 1911 gives you a thinner grip, single stack mag and 7-8 rounds....a Glock gives you a big fat grip, double-stack mags and 13 rounds, and the Ruger grip will fit right in between, as will the mag capacity.

Jon

That makes a lot of sense.

Bruiser

Single-Sixer
Leucoandro said:
Bruiser said:
I was really hoping for a "c" version. Looks like I may end up having to get an XDm or XDs.

"c" versions of the SR9 and SR40 were released months after the Service sized handguns. I would expect a SR45c somewhere between Shot and July.

Charlie

I was at the store, debating between an XDm 45 compact and a S&W .45 compact, and all I could think was, "Man, I hope that guy's right about a SR45c coming out soon". I really like Rugers, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
Laserbait said:
I bet that the mag is not that wide, so the rounds are not staggered that much. I could see a c version holding 6+1.

Ruger will need to do better than that. The Glock 36 single stack holds 6+1

Charlie

Bearcat
I bought one last week. It is an SR in every way. Shoots well with good recoil. I'm enjoying it.

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
Bruiser said:
Ale-8(1) said:
Here 'tis . . . http://www.ruger.com/products/sr45/index.html

:)

No they came out over a year later, but I got mine for $450 "Factory Sale" price. I'm sorry I didn't buy the full size at the same time.
Geoff
Who notes so many guns, so little money...sigh.

Latest posts