SR45!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ale-8(1) said:
Here 'tis . . . http://www.ruger.com/products/sr45/index.html

:)

I see it only holds 10 rounds!

A shadow of things to come?

It looks like the last few Springfield XDM 45s we got in came with 10 rounders as well...

Should we worry?

HIP SHOT

Bearcat
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Ale-8(1) said:

It looks like the last few Springfield XDM 45s we got in came with 10 rounders as well...

Should we worry?

You can only fit so much in a 5lb bucket!

Hip Shot

tech4064

Bearcat
Isn't 10 rds pretty common for 45?

The M&P holds 10rds. Don't know about the other comparable guns. I like the SR series, but I can barely afford to feed my 8rd. P90 these days. I still wouldn't mind owning an SR9C though. :)

Basic 1911 design is for a seven-round mag. There are eight-rounders available these days, some of which work well.

It's hard to get more .45's than that in a reasonable-sized magazine . . . the grip gets kinda wide with staggered mags.

Looks like the SR45 has done a pretty nice job of getting ten in there. I'd like to fondle one.

JMHO

HIP SHOT

Bearcat
Ale-8(1) said:
Basic 1911 design is for a seven-round mag. There are eight-rounders available these days, some of which work well.

It's hard to get more .45's than that in a reasonable-sized magazine . . . the grip gets kinda wide with staggered mags.

Looks like the SR45 has done a pretty nice job of getting ten in there. I'd like to fondle one.

JMHO

I can't wait to fondle one at the shot show.

Al James

Hunter
Gregg1LE said:
roylt said:
Does this mean the 345 is doomed?

I would say yes to that.

P95 is the last P gun on the website :(

I wonder how much longer the P95 will hold on. Such a damn fine pistol, it would be sad to see it go. Of course IMO the demise of P series came when they discontinued the DC only models.

I'm liking the both the new Commander SR1911 and the SR45. I like how they rolled them both out at the same time. Good way not to cause 1000's of cases of buyers remorse.

rickerb23

Bearcat
This is how I found out. https://www.galleryofguns.com/about/GGGEntry.aspx?utm_source=icontact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Bond_mini&utm_campaign=GGG

Well, you can't say Ruger doesn't listen to it's customers. There's been a lot of chatter on the RFs in favor of a SR45 and a Commander-length SR1911. Here you go. But be careful, After waiting for them to show up in stores, you will buy them and then they will come out with the SR45C and Officer or round-but SR1911s. Me too.
They're evil that way. (Also pretty smart.)

Well, you can't say Ruger doesn't listen to it's customers. There's been a lot of chatter on the RFs in favor of a SR45 and a Commander-length SR1911. Here you go. But be careful, After waiting for them to show up in stores, you will buy them and then they will come out with the SR45C and Officer or round-but SR1911s. Me too.
They're evil that way. (Also pretty smart.)

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Ale-8(1) said:

Should we worry?

I wouldn't think that the mag capacity of the SR45 was influenced by the Newtown Shooting. It takes a lot longer than a few weeks to design a gun.

Maybe not Newtown, but you can bet Ruger has been watching Obamas' & Fienstine's Gun Control activities. Of the dozen or so new products introduced this week, none fit the profile of any type of potentially banned firearm. All 10 rounds or less, w/o detachable Magazines, pistol grip rifles,
I am surprised they are still coming out with threaded barrel models. Those could be problematic in the future. The gun grabbers aren't going to buy silencer-ready in the interest of noise pollution.

Bruiser

Single-Sixer
Actually I've been rethinking the SR45c. If the SR45 only holds 10, what is the "c" going to hold, maybe 5? I mean, the SR9 holds 17 and the "c" holds 10. Or is the SR45 mags going to have a lot of wasted space to make it only 10.

What am I missing?

HIP SHOT

Bearcat
steveodtw said:
Maybe not Newtown, but you can bet Ruger has been watching Obamas' & Fienstine's Gun Control activities. Of the dozen or so new products introduced this week, none fit the profile of any type of potentially banned firearm. All 10 rounds or less, w/o detachable Magazines, pistol grip rifles,
I am surprised they are still coming out with threaded barrel models. Those could be problematic in the future. The gun grabbers aren't going to buy silencer-ready in the interest of noise pollution.

It takes at least a year to develop a gun (according to Mike Fifer the CEO). The current political climate wasn't on the radar back then.

Hip Shot