SP101 with Trausch grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vanbsnepdx

Bearcat
i just received a pm stating "why are we bringing up a topic that has been beat to death in the past"

well ok then, if someone can tell me how to close this thread, will do.

Hugh

Buckeye
Trausch grips on two of my three SP-101 .357's. I like'm! The third one is a safe queen; never been shot except at the factory. I bought it because the price was too low to pass up.

tomrkba

Bearcat
You have to order them from him. The owner is very nice and easy to deal with. They're in Europe, so shipping takes a bit longer. I liked the ones I bought for my N-Frame, but they were a bit big, so I shaved them down until it fit my hand.

vanbsnepdx

Bearcat
i have them on ALL my SP's, except the new version of the .22lr. can't replace the new grip style, looks great. i know it's just an insert.

vanbsnepdx

Bearcat
for me, none of SP's are carry pieces. they are for just shootin and the vehicle carry. like i put in the original post, not all of us will like them.

infantryman

Single-Sixer
I'd like to see what the Ivory colored version looks like, unfortunately they do not show a pic of that color. Something different always appeals to me. I may order one. 8)

Hugh

Buckeye
infantryman said:
I'd like to see what the Ivory colored version looks like, unfortunately they do not show a pic of that color. Something different always appeals to me. I may order one. 8)

Hey 11B someone here has the "ivory" Trausch grips. They look great. I have black on mine simply because I wasn't aware of the "ivory" grips. They would be nice on one of mine.

Back in the day, I was slotted as a 11B in an Army unit (a Navy E5) on my first Vietnam tour.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
hittman said:
When I had a 357 SP it wore Trausch grips BUT ...... they would not have been ideal for carry. Seemed too large and sticky for that.

They are not sticky like other rubber grips at all. They are more plastic than rubber? As for size they are a bit larger which fit my hand well. They are not overly large though. I will try to post a pic of the ivory version for everyone if I get a chance.

Knuckles

Buckeye
protoolman said:
hittman said:
When I had a 357 SP it wore Trausch grips BUT ...... they would not have been ideal for carry. Seemed too large and sticky for that.

They are not sticky like other rubber grips at all. They are more plastic than rubber? As for size they are a bit larger which fit my hand well. They are not overly large though. I will try to post a pic of the ivory version for everyone if I get a chance.

Get a few different angles of them in your shots if you can. :wink:

Knuckles

Buckeye
vanbsnepdx said:
i just received a pm stating "why are we bringing up a topic that has been beat to death in the past"

well ok then, if someone can tell me how to close this thread, will do.

Now why would someone go and do a thing like that?... what's wrong with folks lately?

I don't think the topic is a dead subject... it certainly didn't warrant getting your head pealed in a PM. :roll:

SHOW ME PIC'S PLEASE! :wink:

rappa29

Bearcat
Interesting this topic came up as I received my set of grips Friday! They look and feel great, but haven't shot the gun yet with them on.

Not sure what the hubbub is about carrying. The grips add, what, a 1/4" or so?? I carried my SP101, 3" all weekend, IWB, 4:00 in cargo shorts and a tshirt. No, it's not as stealth as a 2" w/factory grips, but it's not as obvious as a 4" K frame.

BillH2121

Bearcat
You don't have to order Trausch grips from overseas - there are distributors in the US. I purchased mine from a guy in Missouri - sent him a check on Wednesday, got the grip on Tuesday. Check the wesite for US distributors.