SOLD Spalted Maple grip blanks ALL SOLD

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OB'98

Single-Sixer
Found a chunk of spalted maple that is thick enough to make a pair of Ruger or Colt SAA grips from. Make two panels and use a screw or make a one piece grip either by routing the strap groove or making two panels and gluing them to a spacer. Delivered using first class mail in a bubble pack envelope. Post I'll take it and follow with a PM. Thanks.
Updated with example of what this material will look like finished out. The sanded pair I show are a rough shape of a finished grip and will need further work to look the Ruger/Colt SAA shape. They have not been stained or top coated; they are just sanded. They can be stained yellow, amber, tan, clear or any color you desire and then finished with a top coat of varnish, polyurethane, Tru-oil, linseed oil etc. Or even a paste wax. Your options. The wood is not overly hard and sands and shapes fairly easily. Anyway, what I am trying to show is what the results could be when finishing out a pair of the Spalted Maple blanks that I offer for sale below. Thanks
smfin1.jpg

smfin2.jpg

Items are all sold. Thank you everyone.

sm101.jpg

sm102.jpg

sm103.jpg

sm104.jpg

sm105.jpg

sm106.jpg

Example of the size: (Factory SAA grips are 1/2" thick at the bottom so these are plenty thick. Enough extra wood around the edges to fit any generation or most Rugers.)
sm1druger.jpg

sm1eruger.jpg

OB'98

Single-Sixer
Blank #7 sold on a different forum. Numbers 1 through 5 are still available. Thank you

pastor fred

Single-Sixer
Good morning, Fred here.

I'm working on an old model 3 screw Blackhawk. Can you tell me if these
blanks have enough wood to work on an XR-3 frame. (Doesn't say "RED")
The other grips I have aren't the same shape as what I need for this frame.
If they'll work, I'll take #'s 2 and 3.

Thanks so much,
Fred

OB'98

Single-Sixer
pastor fred said:
Good morning, Fred here.

I'm working on an old model 3 screw Blackhawk. Can you tell me if these
blanks have enough wood to work on an XR-3 frame. (Doesn't say "RED")
The other grips I have aren't the same shape as what I need for this frame.
If they'll work, I'll take #'s 2 and 3.

Thanks so much,
Fred
Fred, I am sorry but I do not know. I have had the RED grips before and they are very close to Colt SAA size. But, the earlier model I don't know. Maybe a forum member will see this and let us know. I will try to hold the #2 and #3 blanks for you until we find out. Thanks, keith

PS: I found this: http://www.brownells.com/UserDocs/Miscellaneous/rugergrips.jpg

OB'98

Single-Sixer
RoninPA said:
OP, do these grip blanks need to be stabilized?
that is a good question that I don't have an answer for. I have worked with walnut and all I did with that wood was to stain/seal it with minwax stain and then put a top coat on it. I have done ivory and pearl and put nothing on them and they too seem to be doing ok. I have not finished out a pair of this spalted maple so have no experience in the staining and finishing of them. I don't really know what "stabilizing" does or how you would do it. Sorry for being so inexperienced with these items. keith
PS: I sent you a PM. Thanks.