So that happened

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AlanJ65

Single-Sixer
A couple of months ago I needed some quick cash so I reluctantly parted with my SR1911. My dealer gave me a fair deal on it and I was satisfied. Just before Christmas I stopped by just to browse a bit. I noticed a gently used SR1911 in his case and for a minute thought it was mine but it had a couple of additional things with it that mine didn't. The price was low enough that I thought about getting it but I still needed money for presents so I passed on it. Today I stopped in just on the off chance it was still there but I wasn't surprised to see that it was gone. I mentioned this to my dealer and he told me he'd sell me a new one for the same price. Well I couldn't say no to that so I wound up getting a replacement SR1911 for the one I had to part with. For the record he charged me $599. Not a bad price in my opinion. And for those keeping score it had a yellow sticker with a black dot. I keep saying there's a reason why I like his place.

He also told me he had just gotten back from one of the gun shows that had one of the new lightweight Commander sized SR1911. Said it looked nice.

Gratz on being able to get an opportunity to replace your SR1911.

I'm seriously contemplating the purchase of a new Ruger SR1911 lightweight commander size to replace the SR1911 I parted with a couple years ago.