Small pistol primers $80.00.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

IKE

Single-Sixer
I've never used or heard of this brand name but I received a email from Powder Valley and thought I'd pass the info along for those needing small pistol primers.

spp.jpg

kean57

Single-Sixer
I've been waiting for 2 years for small pistol primers to come down. I recently broke down and decided "life is too short," so I bought a case of CCI SP primers for $85/1000 from Target Sports. This past week I went to a large sporting goods store here in Northeast Ohio and they had CCI SP primers for $70/1000. So that tells me that we're finally starting to see primers coming down. I doubt they'll come down much lower than that, however. At that price I should have waited a little longer, but I don't really regret paying more, because life is short.

rugeraficiando

Single-Sixer
Norma
I've been waiting for 2 years for small pistol primers to come down. I recently broke down and decided "life is too short," so I bought a case of CCI SP primers for $85/1000 from Target Sports. This past week I went to a large sporting goods store here in Northeast Ohio and they had CCI SP primers for $70/1000. So that tells me that we're finally starting to see primers coming down. I doubt they'll come down much lower than that, however. At that price I should have waited a little longer, but I don't really regret paying more, because life is short

willicd76

Bearcat
We've been through all of this before. The prices WILL come down to sane levels. Maybe not back to $20 per thousand, but I'll all but guarantee that $70k is not the new normal. When components come back to earth, don't get caught with your panties down again!

"$80 is a crap price for me still. By the time I run out they will be $800."
While this is probably true, I just ordered 1000 CCI small rifle primers @$120 (including hazmat and frt) More than I'd like but I'm too lazy to start over to find a new load using something else. I only use those in my bolt action only loads so added to what I already have, this will last me out.

Latest posts