WTB Single six hardware

Help Support Ruger Forum:

twriggen

Single-Sixer
Greetings,

I am looking for the hardware; bolts, screws, etc, for this old flat gate era single six. I would love to be able to also find a flat gate but would settle for the contoured gate if that is all that is available. I have a steel ejector rod housing but need a single six rod and hardware for it. I have the complete conversion kit to take it back to original but the screws to hold it together are long gone. There are only two screws holding the grip frame on as most of them are missing as well. Obviously a rear and front site is also required, although I may go a different route with the front site. Pictured below is what I have currently. A search of Numrich site shows most of the individual screws and missing hardware out of stock.

Also, any recommendations on a quality gunsmith to make this into a 32 caliber would be appreciated. My hope was Bowen he does not offer a 32 on an OM Single Six any longer.

Thanks,
Troy

1711071317856.png

1711114727154.png

Last edited:

twriggen

Single-Sixer
Troy, I could sure be wrong but that looks like a New Model grip frame. :unsure:

It is definitely a NM grip frame that has been reshaped with the rounded butt and refinished. I don't have the trigger plunger conversion installed yet, but I have one in my possession for it. It should look very similar to this one when its done.

1711158814885.png

It is definitely a NM grip frame that has been reshaped with the rounded butt and refinished. I don't have the trigger plunger conversion installed yet, but I have one in my possession for it. It should look very similar to this one when its done.
Yeah, that trigger plunger adapter will allow ya to use all the OM operating bits. I made one quite some time back to allow the use of a NM SBH grip frame on an OM Blackhawk. Interesting side benefit . . . the adapter repositions the plunger a little closer to the trigger pivot producing a little better trigger pull. That came as an unexpected bonus. ;)

Keep us up on the project. :)

Yeah, that trigger plunger adapter will allow ya to use all the OM operating bits. I made one quite some time back to allow the use of a NM SBH grip frame on an OM Blackhawk. Interesting side benefit . . . the adapter repositions the plunger a little closer to the trigger pivot producing a little better trigger pull. That came as an unexpected bonus. ;)

Keep us up on the project. :)
Plus, you can drill the hole in the adapter in a straight line so the plunger is 90 degrees to the trigger. That also helps with the trigger pull.

wagwan

Bearcat
FYI: There are 2 OM Single Six parts guns on Gunbroker this week. I think they are round gate, tho. Most screws, springs, etc are present. Looks like one has a rear sight but no cylinder while the other has a cylinder but no sight. Condition varies, too.

Latest posts