Single Six free spinning cylinder, need recommendation

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have a new model single six .32 H&R Magnum. When the loading gate is closed the cylinder will spin to the right just as if the loading is open. When the loading gate is closed and the hammer cocked I can rotate the cylinder almost to the next cylinder chamber location before it stops.

Any suggestions as to the problem? And if a replacement part(s) is needed is repair something I could do not being experienced in gun repair? Or should it go to Ruger for repair?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Doc Fillem

Bearcat
It may be dirty or one of the springs inside is broken. Get some spray carb cleaner and flush out the inside. If that doesn't fix it, and you would like to learn how to work on your own guns, this would be a good opportunity to take it apart and see what's wrong. There are videos on Youtube that show how to disassemble and re-assemble the Single-Six. Otherwise send it in to Ruger and they will fix it. Good luck.

LaneP

Single-Sixer
If you remove the cylinder so you are looking at the empty frame, when you swing out the loading gate, the cylinder bolt should retract into the frame. When you close the gate, the bolt should rise back into the frame. If it's not doing so then as mentioned previously it's either gummed up, binding or some part related to that assembly is worn or defective.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
They are not difficult to disassemble. Go to the Ruger web site and watch the video.
The problem should be easily found. Parts are readily available from Ruger and others.