single-six birdshead

Help Support Ruger Forum:

scubavol

Bearcat
Thank you everyone for all the information about this gun. I was fortunate that no one at the auction knew the value of the gun so I was able to get it at a good price. I look forward to shooting it as it is really a good feeling gun.

reakin

Single-Sixer
Those are some of the sexiest single-sixes in my opinion. Now, if they had only put in a bisley hammer......

reakin

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
Been thinking hard about selling my Blackbird. I think its been shot, but not by me. It's in super condition, like NIB but since I'm not the original buyer, I will not promise that it hasn't been shot. If I do list it, I will not gouge anyone with an incredibly inflated price, but I do want a fair market price for it. Now I've been fooling with guns for 50 years and I know how pricing goes, I'd like to make a little on a piece like this, but I don't want to take advantage of anyone either.

Do you fellow forum members think 15% above what I gave plus shipping would be fair?

Making up my mind ~ many thanks,
Shorty

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
mojo.

relieve yourself, I'm still thinking.

NZshooter,

I am not an FFL holder, but I have the option of shipping through an FFL. Still thinking.

Shorty

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
Fellows I better put this to rest. It snowed again here in southern Ohio this weekend and I had some cabin time. Got the Blackbird out and played with it. Sorry, but I don't think I can part with it after all. My wife said it looked good in my hands, that's something, because she doesn't comment on my Rugers that often. So it went back in the safe and this summer ~ I promised myself I'd shoot it!

Thanks to the following guys for the interest...................
stubbfarmer
transalp1961
mojo
NZshooter

and bigbore45colt for his info and help.

Hope there are no hard feelings guys, I just can't let it go.
Many thanks to all,
Shorty

NZshooter

Bearcat
Shorty Jenkins said:
I don't think I can part with it after all...I just can't let it go.
It's the right decision, a very cool variation of the Single Six that will probably never be made again.