Single 6,(and 7, 9 & 10) aftermarket hammers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RonS

Single-Sixer
I see that Power Custom has Bisley style hammers for the .22/.32 guns. Does anyone know if these fit the standard grip frame or was there a Single 6 Bisley that they fit? I have never seen such a critter, but I've missed a lot of guns that came and went over the years.

I'd like to put a Birdshead grip and lower, wider spur hammer on a Single 7 and there is only so much filing that I want to do. Gonna be an expensive little critter anyway, because I want to cut it to 3 3/4" while I'm at it.

Edit:
Found an image of a factory S6 Bisley hammer to compare with the image on the Power website. Power hammer looks like a regular S6 arch.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
They have the large arch to fit the Bisley grip frame and have a 1/2 cock notch. Stainless hammer and trigger here:
http://powercustom.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=1233

For a birdshead (or standard plow handle) grip the arch must be reduced.

Slenk

Single-Sixer
RonS said:
I see that Power Custom has Bisley style hammers for the .22/.32 guns. Does anyone know if these fit the standard grip frame or was there a Single 6 Bisley that they fit? I have never seen such a critter, but I've missed a lot of guns that came and went over the years.

I'd like to put a Birdshead grip and lower, wider spur hammer on a Single 7 and there is only so much filing that I want to do. Gonna be an expensive little critter anyway, because I want to cut it to 3 3/4" while I'm at it.

Edit:
Found an image of a factory S6 Bisley hammer to compare with the image on the Power website. Power hammer looks like a regular S6 arch.

Ruger #8163 .327, 3 3/4" barrel , Birds head grip.