SOLD Shiloh Sharps .40-70 Straight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TENFAN

Single-Sixer
Due to some medical bills I have to sell a few guns and this one is special but must go.

Shiloh Sharps Montana Rough Rider in .40-70 Sharps Straight. Semi fancy wood with standard finish, 13 7/8" length of pull, bone and charcoal pack hardened finish, 30" heavy octagon barrel with polished finish, traditional steel butt plate, traditional checkering, Walter Cooper pewter tip. Rifle was ordered in 2006 by Bill Bagwell and picked up in 2008 by Mr. Bagwell. The rifle also has one of Bills penny front sights installed. I have not fired this gun and it has just been sitting in my safe.

The following accessories and reloading supplies are included. The ammo was loaded by Bill Bagwell and may be disassembled for the brass and bullets. They are loaded with black powder and unknown weight bullets. A letter from Shiloh Sharps detailing the build is included. I am asking $4750 shipped to your FFL. The accessories and ammo will be shipped to the buyer. The rifle will be shipped in a hard case. This is a couple of heavy packages so shipping will be expensive but is included in the price. Rifle will go USPS and ammo UPS.

I will also consider trades that include cash

49 loaded rounds from .30-40 Krag brass with grease groove bullets

3 loaded rounds with JBA .40-70 brass with grease groove bullet

35 loaded rounds from Hornady .405 Win brass with paper patch bullets

95 once fired unprimed brass from Hornady .405 Win brass plus 1 from .30-40 Krag brass

Canvas cartridge belt (very large)

Soul sight with adjustable diopter (unknown brand but a quality sight)

Globe front sight with level and cross hair with open center installed

Lyman 3 die set .40-70 Straight

More pictures are available

Last edited:

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
I pass through Big Timber every week and keep threatening myself that I'm going to stop in and order myself one. Had one built for my Father in law for his 70th Birthday and it is a beautiful rifle. This is a great opportunity to have a Shiloh without the wait!
Cheers,
Cody