Scammer Alert Michael Spector Exposed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hollywood63

Bearcat
Wish I would have seen this early this prick got me for about 800. Contacted Phoenix PD was told they don't handle internet crime, contacted the fbi site notta nothing same thing with post office sent all of the evidence I have haven't heard jack. I even went as far as sending a registered w/signature letter with copies of the evidence to the address told them if they were the person it was turned over to the authorities. If they were not that someone is using there address for a scam. I think the postal carrier might be helping as well

cafsman

Bearcat
I gave his usernames in an earlier post. He uses several. Perhaps Hollywood63 has an additional name? He runs his scam on several gun forums..1919A4, 24 hour campfire, Sig Sauer to name a few. The detective in Phoenix has subpoenaed his bank records as he purposely kept his scam under $1,000 per victim to avoid felony charges. But due to the fact there are multiple scams using same MO, detective says the more he can accumulate and present to the DA will result in prosecution.

cafsman

Bearcat
Good news for all that have replied to this thread. I was contacted by the detective in Phoenix working this case. He was able to obtain the bank records and found SEVERAL others that had been defrauded. He may reach out to all of us to see if we will pursue pressing charges and even testifying if necessary. James and I have spoken several times and he knows I will fly out from Illinois to Phoenix to testify. I hope there are others that are willing to do so as well. Again, at this point the recovery of money or getting the "firearms we thought we were purchasing" may be a remote possibility. I am a man of principal and I could care less how old he is, who he knows, what his current living condition is----he needs to be held accountable and this is the first step. The guy is smart and figures he has beaten the system by keeping his scam to under $1,000. Now, by his repeated offenses he has crossed that line. Spread the word here and on other forums you may be on that have been affected by Michael Spectors criminal acts.

hollywood63

Bearcat
I too have talked with the detective (via email) he found my check in his bank statements and I told him I would testify either via internet or fly out there..............guess myself and the bride will hit tombstone again :) I also agree 100% with cafsman comments the prick needs to be held accountable

Last edited:

cafsman

Bearcat
UPDATE FROM INVESTIGATOR CARRIERES;

Hi Neal

So 20 emails went out today that looked like the below. I have gotten a couple of responses already, and I think people will respond during the weekend. I can also follow-up with a call, but this intro is good if I have the right email addresses.

Hello Mr. XXXXXX,

I am an Investigator with the Phoenix Police Department and I'm working on a criminal case that involved an individual that advertised weapons for sale in 2022, accepted money orders and checks as payment, and failed to deliver a gun to buyers. Based on records I have reviewed; you may have been a victim. If so, please answer the following questions (you can answer in between each question in red, and email back your responses):

Where and when did you see posting/ad?

Who did you interact with and what weapon was offered and the price?

Did the person provide any identification and what address did you send the payment?

Did you ever receive the weapon or get your money back?

Do you want to be listed as a victim and would you be willing to testify in Arizona if the case went to trial? (The court would pay for your travel and expenses if it went to trial)

If you could provide your full name, address, and telephone number of where I could reach you, that would also help.

If you have any communication (text/email) about the sale, can you capture screen shots and include it with your response? If you have a copy of the ad and possibly his ID, that would be great as well. If you have a copy of the money order/check, please attach that to this email. If you have any questions, please give me a call. Thank You

Here is how you can confirm this request is coming from the Phoenix Police Department. You can call the Phoenix Police Department's Non-Emergency Line, 602-262-6151 (please Google Non-Emergency Number Phoenix Police to verify the number) and tell the dispatcher you would like to verify the identity of an Investigator who contacted you by email. My information is:
Police Civilian Investigator James Carrieres A6923 (Serial Number)
Phoenix PD Non-Emergency # to Verify Identity: 602-262-6151
Assigned to the I44 Financial Fraud Squad in the Property Crimes Bureau
Sgt. Sears, #7181 (Immediate Supervisor)
My Office Number 602-534-0205

I hope that everyone who got ripped off by this piece of crap gets their money back. With the number of people who are after the guy it has turned into a felony. Good luck!
So what makes the difference if it is a felony or a misdemeanor??
In Texas you can spend up to one year in the Cross Bar Hotel which is not a good place to be. A felony gets you time in the Big House.

SUBCHAPTER B. ORDINARY MISDEMEANOR PUNISHMENTS​

Sec. 12.21. CLASS A MISDEMEANOR. An individual adjudged guilty of a Class A misdemeanor shall be punished by:
(1) a fine not to exceed $4,000;
(2) confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year; or
(3) both such fine and confinement.

Arizona Misdemeanor laws are a little less.

Class 1 Misdemeanors in Arizona

Class 1 misdemeanors carry a maximum sentence of up to six months in jail and a $2,500 fine. Examples of class 1 misdemeanors include petty theft (less than $1,000), simple assault, disorderly conduct, reckless burning, dropping objects from an overpass, and false reporting of an emergency ("swatting").

Time in the Big House.

Class 5 Felony in Arizona

A person convicted of a Class 5 felony in Arizona faces a presumptive term of 1 ½ years, with a minimum term of 9 months and a maximum of 2 years.

Class 5 felonies include aggravated domestic violence, credit card theft, and stalking that causes emotional distress or fear of injury or property damage.

(Ariz. Rev. Stat. §§ 13-702, 13-2102, 13-2923, 13-3601 (2022).)

Class 6 Felony and "Wobblers" in Arizona

The standard sentence for a Class 6 felony is 6 to 18 months, with a presumptive sentence of 1 year. Examples of Class 6 felonies in Arizona include firearm theft, witness tampering, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

If you've been convicted of a Class 6 felony that didn't involve a dangerous weapon or serious injury, and the judge believes that a felony sentence would be unduly harsh under the circumstances, the judge may instead enter a judgment for a Class 1 misdemeanor conviction or put you on probation and hold off on designating the crime as a felony or misdemeanor until you've completed probation. For these crimes that may be punished as either a felony or misdemeanor (sometimes called "wobblers"), the prosecutor may choose to charge the crime as a misdemeanor.

jkbrecht

Bearcat
Be careful of the website Gun Rodeo, thinking several scammers work out of it too.
I hadn't heard of Gun Rodeo before, but when I went there I immediately noticed three postings for a 16 gauge Winchester Model 21 for sale in AZ, TX and CO that all use the exact same pictures. I don't think I'll be buying anything there!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-21 at 3.04.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-21 at 3.04.00 PM.png
    156 KB · Views: 33

moparclan

Single-Sixer
I was looking for a Beretta Neos carbine kit, lots listed and a lot of same pictures. Most wanted Zelle or PayPal family and Friends. No security with those options.