RUGER SR9 Trigger....HELP!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EVR

Single-Sixer
Hi Guys;

Haven't posted in a while but I have a problem.

My SIL owns a SR9 and it is a peach, a really super pistol. 100% reliable, feels great, but.....

The trigger is as we know, Glock-like, but the Ruger trigger is HARD. Really hard.

By now, I've read a bit about the gun and it seems others have issues with flyers, etc, due to the heavy trigger.

We are very experienced pistol shooters so we know what we want, but don't know where that is!

Is there a "best" solution?

The gun needs to have "1-Shot Group" capability for small varmints, etc, and with the current trigger, it is difficult to obtain that level of accuracy 100% on-command.

Thoughts? Best Mods? Options?

Help!

EVR

Single-Sixer
Thanks recumbent!

$1 Billon Question;

Do they reduce trigger weight and are they safe and reliable?

Oops...that was more like 3 $1 Billion questions... :)

recumbent

Buckeye
I have bought parts form them for my LC9 but I don't have a SR9.
I have been pleased with the parts and the service.

Maybe someone else will chime in..............

exavid

Hunter
I didn't like the trigger on my early issue SR9 so I installed a Ghost Rocket trigger bar. Ghost makes these in a couple of models for the SR9 one is a drop in mod the other that I installed is one you file and hone to fit your gun. It's not hard to do, took me about an hour and a half because I filed and honed just a bit between tests because I didn't want to cut too much off the Rocket bar. The modification greatly improved the trigger on my pistol.
http://www.ghostinc.com/category/ruger_sr__rocket__tactical_and_all_other_connectors_installation_instructions/