Ruger Single Six / Blackhawk trigger question.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
I was checking my Ruger new model single action spare parts box tonight and discovered I didn't have any replacement triggers for Single Sixes or Blackhawks. I checked eBay for new triggers and only found used ones. I went to the Numrich Arms site and found new triggers for both models. Numrich had different part numbers for Single Sixes and different parts numbers for Blackhawks. I ordered one for a Blackhawk and when I went to order one for a Single Six, Numrich said they were the same part, so I only ordered one for a Blackhawk for the time being. Both the guns are new models. The Blackhawk is not a Super Blackhawk. So my question is, are the triggers the same for both models ? Is a Super Blackhawk trigger the same ?

CHEVYINLINE6.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
I don't know about Single Six triggers, but the Super Blackhawk and the Blackhawk triggers are the same, except that the Super triggers are serrated.

I swapped my Super trigger for a Blackhawk trigger since I don't like serrated triggers.

EDIT: New Model. I don't know about Old Model.

Aqualung

Single Six, Blackhawk, and Super Blackhawk triggers are all the same. That is, OM to OM and NM to NM. I have a NM Bisley trigger in my NM Single Six, and an Old Army trigger in an OM Single Six with a Super grip frame. One note on OM grip frames. There are narrow and wide triggers. A narrow trigger hole can be opened up to fit a wide trigger, or grip frames can be swapped.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Single Six, Blackhawk, and Super Blackhawk triggers are all the same. That is, OM to OM and NM to NM. I have a NM Bisley trigger in my NM Single Six, and an Old Army trigger in an OM Single Six with a Super grip frame. One note on OM grip frames. There are narrow and wide triggers. A narrow trigger hole can be opened up to fit a wide trigger, or grip frames can be swapped.
Sounds like Numrich Arms was right then. I am still going to order another trigger.

CHEVYINLINE6.

Last edited:

Latest posts