Ruger selling guns from factory collection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nevada

Single-Sixer
A nice 10/22 International. Started at $400 & is at $905 with seven days to go.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=321622595

JCW64

Single-Sixer
I noticed the last sentence in the ad states the buyer will pay Federal Excise Tax. Is this common on the Ruger factory auctions? I haven't followed the Ruger auctions too much over the last couple of years.

street

Hunter
JCW64 said:
I noticed the last sentence in the ad states the buyer will pay Federal Excise Tax. Is this common on the Ruger factory auctions? I haven't followed the Ruger auctions too much over the last couple of years.

As this gun has not been sold before then no tax has been collected. So who ever buys it will have to pay the tax.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
street said:
JCW64 said:

As this gun has not been sold before then no tax has been collected. So who ever buys it will have to pay the tax.

How much is the Fed tax?

flatgate

Hawkeye
Factory Collection? Oh, my, I wonder.....

306899454.jpg

I see a few there I'd like. Then there's this little "set" of Single-Sixes....
237991017.jpg

127295835.jpg

S/n X-3 .44 magnum Blackhawk, which, I believe, is on a .357 sized Cylinder Frame
How about this early Bearcat?
170534616.jpg

The "Holy Grail" for me, would be one of these early, early, early Single-Sixes....
60838062.jpg

'nuff for now!

flatgate

9x19 said:
Dibs on the XGI !

Oh, that's not how it works, eh?

:D

Never know, there was a 'boxed' "XGI" at the Akron, Summit county gun show, the guys father did work on the project for the Ruger company and was wanting to sell it, he has my card, and have NOT heard anymore ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wish I could say or add more but I have NO clue !!!!!! wasn't there, was at the OGCA that weekend, miles and miles away :(

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, who knows how many XGi's got out originally and never made their way back. The only one that officially made it out of the factory at the time off issue, with letter attesting to it from Tom Ruger, resides in California.
Chet15