Ruger precision 22lr

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lou

Bearcat
I've had this rifle for a few years now but I've never put a scope on it till a month ago. I only put 10 rounds through it when I first got it with open sites and it's sat in the safe ever since.

I bore sited it at home and when I got to the range I set a target up at 100 yards. I was fortunate enough before the ammo shortage to have picked up 5000 rounds of CCI Stingers for it so that's what I'm shooting. I had a friend of mine on the spotting scope.

I really must say, I'm very impressed with this rifle. My friend was too. With the exception of turning the knobs the wrong way I was able to walk it right in. The last 14 shots at the bullseye were done in rapid secession. It will probably be one of the rifles I bring with me all the time.
IMG_0318.jpeg
IMG_0318.jpeg

Mauser9

Blackhawk
I like it and have read a couple great reviews on this model. Years back bought the R/A compact in 22 mag and was very impressed with the accuracy using CCI 40 grain ammo. Think Ruger hit the nail on the head with these latest models like yours.

Reactions: Lou

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
I have a Ruger Precision 22 with a Leupold scope on it and I really like it a lot….( and I have been spoiled with a couple of Anschutz match 22 bolt action rifles )

I find the Anschutz to be more accurate but the Ruger has a 'wicked cool' factor to it and about 1/4 the price of my Annie

KIR

Sparks, NV
I have a Remington 597m and fixed it up so it would stop having failures. I prefer magnum ammo to LR!
As for accuracy...it is all in the eye of the beholder! I aim at what I hit and hit what I aim at!

grumpy7159

Bearcat
I bought my Precision 22 and put a Weaver t-10 scope on it. I am impressed with the accuracy of the firearm for the price. I had one three hole group that was near single hole with Eley target ammo. It is a keeper.

Love mine, sighted it in with whatever 22LR ammo I had at the time and then later finished it up with some Wolf Match I was lucky enough to find. When I get serious it will do 5 round groups at 75 yds and all the holes are touching (looks like a 3 hole group) in the bullseye.

I did a bit of modification, tired of all black guns so I Cerakoted it (BAE Green) then added a Barska 1.5-6X scope, UTG Bipod and a Silencerco Spectre suppressor.

DSCN0769.JPG

DSCN0771.JPG

I wanted one when they first came out but not so sure after using a couple of RAR's (22lr and 17HMR). If and/or how much more accurate is the 'Precision' version vs the average RAR? Is the barrel higher quality or given more attention? If not, does the 'Kool Kid' stock make it that much better?