Ruger P345 being discontinued

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snyd

Single-Sixer
Amistad said:
Say Snyd,

I like the looks of that IWB holster. What kind is it? Thanks!

Amistad

Nick Mathews NM-Holsters. He used to have a website but now I think he's just on Facebook. I don't FB so can't say for sure.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I attempted to replace my P97 with a P345...I really liked the grip of the 345...but the P345 is and has been long gone and the P97 is in my den...next to my remote control...

Snyd

Single-Sixer
Buckeye! said:
I attempted to replace my P97 with a P345...I really liked the grip of the 345...but the P345 is and has been long gone and the P97 is in my den...next to my remote control...

:D point and click....

loaded round

Hunter
Buckeye, It goes bang and right after that all the broken plastic pieces fall out the magazine well after the magazine itself falls to the ground. Ever wonder why all the police departments carry Blocks and 98% of the worlds military won't touch them?

modrifle3

Buckeye
Interesting...I have never seen a Glock mag come apart with normal use. Most militaries don't use it due to lack of a manual safety, however seal teams have carried model 17s because they can fire under water with the right kit and waterproof ammo. The 19 is standard issue to the IDF.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Just curious having owned several glocks, why do you not consider this a real pistol? I am not a huge striker fire pistol fan but they are reliable designs. Of course I think pistols should have hammers...I am old school.

Of course it is funny my 1908 Colt 25 was striker fired and had a magazine disconnect with a thumb safety and a grip safety.

loaded round

Hunter
I had a new Glock 22(under 100 rounds) blow up on me with factory jacketed 230 gr non +P ammo. The magazine blew out along with the plastic trigger and associated plastic parts with the slide frozen shut. Glock replaced it with a new one at n/c and I immediately traded it for a 1B in 270 Win. After that incident, I consider all Glock pistols nothing more than a POS and will never own or shoot one again! My opinion and my right to say what I think.

modrifle3

Buckeye
I understand but that is not the glocks fault, case rupture does a good deal of damage to any handgun. I wish you had pics of the exploded gun to post. I still blame poor case design in the early days for this rupture.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Very strange as the .45 is such a low pressure round. I suspect ammo defect. My 21 has a moderately unsupported chamber area but no more or less than my 1911s....of course after shooting 1911s for the last several years it's hard to enjoy much else.

loaded round

Hunter
Glock's letter to me said it was possible that the round may have been improperly crimped by the factory and previous round pushed the bullet back into the case causing much higher chamber pressure. The case did rupture and was recovered stuck in the chamber. I do have a technical background have trouble accepting that explanation.

modrifle3 said:
Very strange as the .45 is such a low pressure round. I suspect ammo defect. My 21 has a moderately unsupported chamber area but no more or less than my 1911s....of course after shooting 1911s for the last several years it's hard to enjoy much else.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Well I will say the setback theory has been proven to double case pressure. It also could have been a double charge and packed. However having seen it converted to 460 Rowland I am thinking case defect. In the end it sucks you got such a bad impression of them.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Amistad said:
For me, my P345 has the most wonderful grip! Several years ago I went to a gun show with cash in hand, fully intending to buy a XD-45. As I was milling around at the show looking for the best deal, I stoppped by a dealer's table where a P345 was displayed. Just a little fondling on my part was all that it took for me to buy the P345. If you think I'm lovin' it, you're right! :D

Amistad
If you reload as cast your own bullets you made the right choice. I almost bought a 5 inch xd45 until I was told that it does not function with swc bullets. Springfield confirmed this for me and that the xdm was modified to function with them.

Snyd

Single-Sixer
modrifle3 said:
Amistad said:
For me, my P345 has the most wonderful grip! Several years ago I went to a gun show with cash in hand, fully intending to buy a XD-45. As I was milling around at the show looking for the best deal, I stoppped by a dealer's table where a P345 was displayed. Just a little fondling on my part was all that it took for me to buy the P345. If you think I'm lovin' it, you're right! :D

Amistad
If you reload as cast your own bullets you made the right choice. I almost bought a 5 inch xd45 until I was told that it does not function with swc bullets. Springfield confirmed this for me and that the xdm was modified to function with them.

P345 eats 200gr swc's like candy out of the box. I've cast and shot a couple thousand of them in mine.