Ruger MK .17hm2?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Markbo

Bearcat
I have several different versions of MK Pistols - Mk l to MK lV. Does anyone know of a factory or aftermarket version in 17hm2???

Found the above link from 2010, I seem to remember that Ruger announced it but never released it…but i could be mistaken about that. Perhaps a few were sold, I would think they would be quite the collectible pistol now….

9x19

Hunter
The only factory .17 HM2 offering in a semi-auto pistol which I recall is from Kimber. Their 1911 in .17 used a steel slide, while their .22 used an aluminum slide. Other than that they were the same.

p0gbNje.jpg

I12pvpe.jpg

To each his own ideas.
I've had 2 17HM2 rifles(actually just the barrels) but got out of that caliber many years ago. It was a GREAT varmint removal tool. Bullets expanded/fragmented even in smallish critters making it much easier to control in places where a pass through wasn't acceptable. Accuracy was fairly good within the 'need parameters' and noise wasn't excessive. Raccoons, muskrats, and groundhogs were the primary targets.
I can't imagine a real 'need' for this cartridge in a handgun platform. It would lose much of it's effectiveness and be excessively loud in a handgun barrel. Squirrel hunting might be the only viable application as the bullets wouldn't carry as far as a 22lr and would be more likely to disintegrate on a small branch rather than ricochet and head off into somewhere land.