Ruger Mini-14 Blued Version (NIB 1979)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

moreland281

Bearcat
I was just given a NIB 1979 Ruger Mini 14.
I was a family members that passed away.

I have no need for this weapon, as I perfer the AR15 Platform better.

Can anyone tell me the value of this weapon?
It is NIB (box is kinda rough)
Still has oil on it (no rust,pits,dings,etc...)
Has booklet,warrenty card,etc..
5rd and 10rd magazine (factory)

Want to sell it or trade it but honestly have no idea on ANY type of value.

X - Man

Bearcat
The first three digits of the serial number reveals the exact model/version of Mini that you have.

The first Mini's were #180. They are a separate class of Minis. Ruger no longer supports or has parts for this group.

The next #181 series incorporates changes made from the first batch.

More information can be found at the Ruger factory website.

gunman42782

Hunter
Very few Mini collectors out there. However, assuming it is just a run of the mill Mini, and as new, I would think somewhere in the $600 range. That is a bit on the high side, as a new one costs that now. It would depend on a lot of variables, number one being how bad someone wants it.

moreland281

Bearcat
X - Man said:
The first three digits of the serial number reveals the exact model/version of Mini that you have.

The first Mini's were #180. They are a separate class of Minis. Ruger no longer supports or has parts for this group.

The next #181 series incorporates changes made from the first batch.

More information can be found at the Ruger factory website.

thank you
that is how I got the production year, from rugers site.

I'm more interested in value than anything else

X - Man

Bearcat
Moreland, Most of us Mini guys relate to the various series of Minis by their series number. You might want to post which series you have. Ruger's production dates and series numbers are not an exact match. It's just the first three digits, not the entire serial number.

DavidMc116

Single-Sixer
I saw 2 sell at a 1200 table gun show this January. One @ $450, the other $400. I do have to mention that I hardly know anything about mini's except I had one 25 years ago and it wouldn't group under 3" at 100 yards. I didn't keep it long. Those that sold in January were the wood versions.

G2

Hunter
It's got to be a 181 prefix as OP has posted the 1979 production date. 181's were 1978/79/80 per Ruger Website.

It should have a wood top.

IMO ~$400 it will sell,, ~$500 you will have to find the "Got to have it" Buyer.

Now the rules here are; if you sign up and your first post is a ?? as to worth, :roll:

You have to post the gun here FS, at a "go good-by" FAST price.... :wink:

... If you don't we will send out the posse,,, and Feastas just got a new rope. :shock:

Welcome to the Ruger Forum, a GREAT bunch of Ruger Enthusiast's,
Kick your boots off and stay around awhile. What I understand the SR556 is a good AR platform. 8)