RUGER MARK IV

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
if he gets upset at his own mistakes,,, then maybe he's too embarrassed to admit it?

Often when one's confronted with common sense and shown the error in their own ways or beliefs, rather than stand tall and admit their error(s), they simply tuck tail and disappear.
Perhaps though, without knowing the age of said individual, they're simply one of the entitlement generation whereby they weren't taught or had self responsibility instilled in them. Either way... I haven't lost a wink over their foot stamping. :)

usmc6433-6437

Bearcat
akavala1 said:
I had been researching the Ruger Mark iii for three months. I have looked ever where I could find online and all the gun shops in Tucson AZ for info. After deciding to get one, my next decision was if I should buy it before or after I went back to Kenosha WI, for the memorial of my wife who recently passed away. I decided to buy it before, so that as soon as I got back I could go find to shot it.

So on September 21st I bought it. On the 23rd I flew to WI, the 24th we had her Memorial. On the 25th I looked on my computer and there was an update from Ruger sent on the 23rd two days after I bought my gun, from Ruger stating the new Mark IV is out. Never saw one word about this, when doing my research. Now I have a brand new Mark III that hasn't even been fired yet and it's now old. There are huge improvements on the Mark IV. If I had of waited tell I got back, I would be getting the Mark IV. (It's registered, I don't know how that works).

I'm calling Ruger tomorrow, (Actually today because, I am so mad I am writing this at 4 o'clock in the morning). I hope the heck they let me trade the gun in for the Mark IV or I'm going to be extremely mad.

Will let you know, what happens. Any Thoughts?
Why would you be mad at Ruger, just because they came out with a new model, right after you bought yours? It's not like they are going to let you, or any of us, know what their plans are.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Yup, didn't get the support he expected so he took his obsolete MK III and went home. Wonder if he'll expect to have his registration swapped out to a different forum now. ;)

akavala1

Bearcat
I want to apologize to everyone including Ruger. I am normally very sensible person. At the time my wife and best friend of Forty Five years had past away from a very painful bout of Bone Cancer, and I was looking for something to take my mind off of things. I hadn't shot a gun in over forty years, because my wifes best friend was killed by her Little Brother by an "Empty Gun". I got rid of all guns in our house because she hated them, for which I couldn't blame her.

After she pasted away, I couldn't get myself to do any of the things we used to do together anymore, so I thought I would try target shooting to get my mind off it. At the time I was mad at the world for taking her from me. I guess I took it out on Ruger. I agree with everyone, and Thank You for your posts. I did get the Mark IV, and I love it. From now on my posts, will be strictly questions and answers about the Ruger products, of which I have always been a very big fan, since I got my original Mark I. Once again, I apologize to Ruger and to everyone else. Thanks Again

Glad to hear that you are dealing with this on a less emotional basis. As far as I am concerned, dealing with the loss of a spouse could cause a lot worse of a reaction than yours, i.e., getting mad at Ruger, so don't be too hard on yourself.

My guess is that most or maybe all of us at some point have purchased something only to see a better option become available shortly thereafter, or maybe purchase something that after we research it we think it will be perfect for our need, only to have reality smack us upside the head. I have found the best way to deal with it is to get rid of the item, by trade or sale, even if you have to take a significant loss, and move on. And specifically with guns, I can remember when I bought an LCP thinking it would be the absolute perfect concealed carry gun (and there are many folks who think it is) but I found shortly after I bought it that I could not fire is well, I hated shooting it, and I decided my original dislike of the 380acp cartridge for self defense was valid (in my opinion). I held onto this gun for years but felt annoyed everytime I looked at it. I've had others that led me to be disappointed (like the one and only Kimber I ever purchased) and at first refused to take a major loss on it, but eventually I decided life is too short to get upset at such minor things.

Good luck with your shooting now that you have returned to the sport. And best wishes for a good life.

COWTOWNER

Single-Sixer
I am very sorry for your loss. I don't believe any of us would know how we would react in your circumstances.
Now is the opportunity to return to the shooting sports with a brand new model of the Ruger 'Standard Pistol'. Be sure to post your progress with it, and how much you enjoy it.
I have been lusting after one myself, and look forward to your reports.

Thanks

Mike

41 Magnum

Single-Sixer
I still love my MkII's & my MkIII and don't think I'll be rushing right out to look for something "better ?" too soon. ( For one thing, they haven't been in use long enough to satisfy my questions about quality & durability problems. )
All my Ruger Mk's are entirely adequate for me, as I am 73, & have been using them for many, many years now, and have absolutely no difficulty dis-assembling or Re-assembling them, as long as you can just follow instructions correctly. Oh, . . . . . . I do like the 1911 .45 style frame, but I prefer it on a 1911/.45ACP. I'll keep my Mk's with the original frame any time ! JMHO !

I too, am sorry for your loss, & as when we lost our youngest Daughter at 34 years of age from a blood clot, I too know how something that tragic can mess with your thinking. It surely did with me !!!

Best Wishes, & God Bless ;
Jim

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I had just bought a MKIII when the MKIV was introduced. I thought, oh well, no problem - my MKIII probably just increased in value. Last month I saw a SS MKIV at a gun show and just had to have it.

When I got home I laid out my Std, MKI, MKIII and MKIV in a row and realized that the only one I didn't have was a MKII. Problem easily rectified since Gun Broker had a LNIB MKII that found its way into my gun safe.

I'm not really mad at Ruger - I like their products. My first gun was a Ruger many moons ago. Now if they come out with a New New Model Blackhawk I'll really be in trouble....